Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    troy cordick Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 20, 2005, 02:24 PM
    Termostat hook up
    We just recently purchase a house . I went to put a new digilal termostat.finding out to my surprise that we have some sort of air cond system. Upon furter inspection the system is a water cooled of some sort with a condenser inside of heating duct above fan blower.the wires at the thermosat are in colors white black of which were hook up and three wires that were disconnected blue, red ,yellow. How do I determine which wire goes where on the new thermostat. Thanks

Troy :confused:
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Mar 20, 2005, 05:30 PM
    Usually there is a 24 volt AC transformer in the furnace with the secondary winding connected to a red wire running to the thermostat and a blue wire to the gas valve, A/C relay, and fan relay. From the thermostat there will be white wire to the gas valve, yellow to the A/C, and green to the fan. The thermostat is wired to switch the power from the red to the white, yellow, and green as needed with the blue completing the circuit. It may be wired to have the control wires return to the furnace and its controls and then a second wire goes to the A/C unit. Internal wiring may replace the green wire if the thermostat does not give you the option of fan only or continuous fan.

The terminals on the thermostat should be marked R, B, W, Y, and G. Connect the corresponding wire color. If there is a terminal marked RC, connect it to the red too. Conventional thermostats do not need the blue. If the thermostat doesn't come on at all, make sure the blue is connected at the furnace. Often all its connections are inside the furnace except a pair of wires going to the AC relay.
    leonard dyal Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 25, 2008, 03:02 PM
    How to wire a honeywell 321od to a york heat pump cooling or heat not working blower fan run comp comes on for a min.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wireless hook up for a laptop [ 4 Answers ]

I have cable internet with a desktop and want to hook up my new laptop with core duo in another room.

Washer Dryer Hook-up [ 5 Answers ]

I just inherited my sister's 8 year old washer and dryer (gas). The super came by and told us he would need to replace some of the hook-ups, for a total of $170. That seems a little bit expensive. Is that a normal price to replace the washer hoses, necessary clamps and valves, the gas line, etc?...

DSL-hook up problems [ 6 Answers ]

:confused: I am trying to hook up my DSL service at home and want to make sure I'm doing it right... I'm not exactly a computer expert to put it lightly OK in dummy terms, I put filters on all of my phone jacks... then on the jack I'm using for the DSL connection, I plugged the ethernet cable into...

Sewer hook up [ 4 Answers ]

I am presently on a septic system. Thanks to a new housing development I now have a sewer line 45 feet from the house. I got the permit and have taken care of the impact fees. I know there is a min. slope when installing sewer drain but I was wandering if you can have too much slope. With my house...

Trying to hook thermato blower [ 1 Answers ]

Hi my name is mitch I'm trying to figure out how to hook a second thermastat up that will kick my blower on when the house temp drops I put a taylor outdoor wood furnace in with heat exchanger in my top draft double wide home I need a thermastat to kick just the blower not oil fired furnace on ...

View more questions Search