Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JessiXD Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 11, 2019, 06:31 AM
    Can A kid get sued?
    Can a kid get sued because they accidentally ordered something and also emailed if they could decline the order?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 11, 2019, 08:59 AM
    Tell us what happened. What was accidentally ordered, the cost, the length of time that passed before the email was sent. Is the company demanding that the kid pay up?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 11, 2019, 09:18 AM
    You do not "accidentally" order something, you fall down accidentally, you may hit someone accidentally.

But it will depend on where you live, if you are a minor, they would sue your parents for the cost or loss they would have
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 11, 2019, 11:51 AM
    Minors cannot be sued but your parents can be held accountable. Did you receive the item? If so send it back.
    vivekshukla Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2019, 06:36 AM
    In any case, children cannot be sued. Instead, their parents are fully liable for the same. As they must take care of what their children are doing and have responsibility for whatever they are behaving, doing, and creating stuff.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Being sued [ 4 Answers ]

I rent a home with 2 roommates. One claimed he slipped and fell on my dog's urine in a common area of the house (living room). And needed to have surgery for his "Broken arm". How to prove it was my dog and not my other roommate (by the way, I rent, not owner of the home. The 70 year old man that...

Served a summons/being sued for credit card debt/first time being sued [ 2 Answers ]

I have been served a summons by first class mail of a lawsuit against me by an asset collection agency on behalf of a credit card company. The asset company has purchased the debt,in an amount just over $1000. My question is how do I proceed as I have never been sued before. I currently am...

Being sued. [ 1 Answers ]

I am being sued and at this time I can not employ an attorney. But I only have 10 days to respond to the courts and I am suppose to send in a written answer to the court. I have never been in this type of situation, so I am not quite sure what type of response I am suppose to send in to the...

I am getting sued [ 9 Answers ]

I was driving a car that was not under my name but my dad name and my name was not on the insurance and I got in a car accident :mad: by another car but my dad insurance is not paying for the other car that I got in a accident with and my dad is getting sued by the girl I got in a car accident with...

View more questions Search