Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dylouis85 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 10, 2019, 11:57 AM
    Digital signage (sort of)
    Thanks for reading. I work for a school, and we've got a smart-TV (fujicomm) that I want to act as a monitor and display particular signs to the students. I want to be able to add or delete jpgs and the monitor will display as a slideshow. Currently I do so through using a regular USB-key connected directly to the monitor. Is there a better way? I know about digital signage, but is there a way to similar have the monitor accessible through our network (it has WiFi and runs Android, can download apps, etc), and just add jpgs into a folder and it would just display everything as a slideshow automatically?
    farvaknowsbest Posts: 199, Reputation: 8

Oct 5, 2020, 05:48 PM
    I am currently using a software called PiSignage that runs on Raspberry Pis with a server portion to manage them all. If you host the server yourself the license is $25 per player, but it is for life. This will allow you to do everything you requested, and more.
    InfoJunkie4Life Posts: 1,409, Reputation: 81
    Ultra Member

Oct 8, 2020, 08:46 AM
    The LG series TV's allow you to create slideshows simply by inserting a USB drive into the port on the back of the TV.

You simply plug it in, then use the source list to view files on the television. I believe you can set loops of images and timers for how long each image is displayed.

If this is not supported, there are other options:

Search the available apps for something that allows you to connect over the network.

Use a PC/Roku/Chromecast or other device to output the desired signage image via HDMI or VGA.

Host a compatible web stream, and connect to it via the installed browser, or streaming app.

Host a website (probably intranet) to show images and try to full screen them.

I'm sure there are other ways as well...if you need more advice regarding these techniques post back and we'll see what we can do.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

LED signage [ 1 Answers ]

How much load will it take for a total of 40 units of 2000watts/unit LED signage to be installed parallels to each other on a 1 mile total distance? What size of wire is recommendable for such a load?

Replace non digital thermostat (2 wire) to new Digital termostat (2 wire) [ 2 Answers ]

Hi: I bought a 2 wire, heating only, millivolt thermostat to replace a non digital 2 wire thermostat. The replacement thermostat is a White-Rodgers 1E78-140 (heat only, non programmable millivolt compatible). For two wires "W" and "RH" are used in the thermostat. Does it matter which wire from...

Sort a Column & sum the range with same value during the sort [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I'm trying to sort a data table by Grades & then sum the totals of the cell with same Grade. The table consists of this headers: Date, DD#, Grade, Bags so what I'm trying to do is to come up with a formula that can sort by Grade & then add the total Bags against that particular Grade and...

Changing from non digital thermostat to digital [ 1 Answers ]

I have an old non digital Honeywell T87F thermostat, gas burner with baseboard water heat. Can I change to a new digital Honewywell RTH230B and how? Thank you

View more questions Search