Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MSTerriG Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 8, 2019, 11:48 AM
    What can I install to prevent water from coming up basement drains
    When we get a heavy rain the city system can't take away all the water and then the water flows into our basement through the drains. I heard you could put something in the drains that stops it. Also, I know that you can put a backflow preventer in the main pipe. That is costly. Any ideas?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Apr 8, 2019, 02:18 PM
    This might help.
    https://www.plumbingsupply.com/floodguard.html

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bubbling coming up from the toilet when the laundry water drains [ 3 Answers ]

I have an old house with a septic tank. Lately we have noticed bubbling coming up from the toilet and a slow drain of the toilet when the laundry water is draining into the laundry sink. Also, we notice gurgling coming from both the bath tub and from the kitchen sink. We have snaked the toilet with...

Water backup in basement shower when kitchen sink drains fast but not when drains slo [ 5 Answers ]

House is 3 years new, purchased it a year ago (2011), started smelling bad odour, like rotten eggs after we moved.The problem was intermitten, The smell started in the kitchen sink upstairs and then ended up in the basement.After a long while we realized that when we drain the kitchen sink (free...

How do I install a check valve to prevent sewer gas from coming back in building [ 3 Answers ]

We operate a samll dry cleaners and laundry. Our boiler room has a floor drain that is basically a rectangular box in the floor with a 3" drain in the bottom of the cement. The box is about 18" deep and approximately 30" long by 18" wide. Our boiler steam condensate drains into this drain and...

Drains backing up and Water on Basement floor [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, Just bought a house 2 1/2 months ago for the first time and have had nothing but problems with Plumbing. When the washer rinses, water backs up in toilets, shower, sink in 1st floor bathroom in which the washer is located, The kitchen sink also backs up. The 2nd floor toilet and sink are...

Water coming out of basement shower and flooding basement [ 4 Answers ]

I purchased a home about 2 months ago, and immediately there were flooding issues in the basement. At first I wasn't sure why the carpet in the middle of the basement was getting soaked. Now I see that the water is coming from the shower drain in the basement bathroom. This happened after the...

View more questions Search