Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ncmbc2345 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 8, 2019, 05:39 AM
    How to record a donation for services rendered
    We are a 501c3 church. We had a furnace replaced by a heating and cooling company. The bill was $4000.00. They only charged us $2000.00 but wanted the remainder applied towards a donation. My question is, how do I record that?
    Specter1 Posts: 85, Reputation: 2

Aug 17, 2019, 05:39 PM
    I am not aware of any particular form, but I think a note from the pastor on the church letterhead acknowledging the donation and the amount should be sufficient. If any parishioners happen to be an accountant then you might want to confirm with them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Services rendered for credit [ 6 Answers ]

If services are rendered for credit, then: a) assets will decrease b)liabilites will increase c)owner's equity will increase d)liabilities will decrease

If services are rendered for credit then? [ 1 Answers ]

What account is affected if a company received 2000 in revenue for services rendered and 1000 is still owed?

Donate for services rendered is it legal to do in a 501 (3) (c) [ 4 Answers ]

Services paid through a donation rather than a fee is it legal to do

If services are rendered for credit, then [ 2 Answers ]

If services are rendered for credit, then

Charitable Donation of Services - How to Record [ 1 Answers ]

I own a computer software development company and we also provide web hosting services for our clients. We recently donated a years worth of hosting services to three churches and I was wondering how best to record this in our accounting system? I started by creating an invoice with a line item...

View more questions Search