Apr 19, 2007, 06:51 PM
    How often can you file bankruptcy
    If I filed bankruptcy 5 years ago, can I file again. It was a chapter 7
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 19, 2007, 07:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by RayBBric
    if i filed bankruptcy 5 years ago, can i file again. it was a chapter 7
    I believe there is a 7 year period before you can file again. Didn't you learn from the first time?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 19, 2007, 08:39 PM
    You will have to wait 7 years to file another chapter 7, it is possible to file a chapter 13 earlier.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should Poor Seniors File Bankruptcy? [ 6 Answers ]

Help! My parents have $45,000. In credit card bills. They are living on social security benefits plus they have $35,000. In a savings account and they rent their home. If they continue to make their $1000. A month minimum payments they will run out of savings within two years. I have advised them...

Process of file bankruptcy [ 1 Answers ]

I have major credit cards debt that I tries apply w. credit consolation which I am unable to afford paying.. I need to know what is processor to file bankruptcy. Since I have good credits but now I'm so much in debt and can't afford continues to pay month to month payment...

Can I file bankruptcy on divorce settlement? [ 1 Answers ]

Thanks to my horrible lawyers (the 3rd ones I hired) I ended up having to sign a crappy settlement agreement and now I don't want to pay the case or take on the credit card and can't pay in the time frame allowed. Can I file bankruptcy on the cash I'm supposed to pay my ex? What about the credit...

File for bankruptcy in Canada [ 3 Answers ]

If I file for bankruptcy in Canada will I lose my Child Tax Benefit payments ? I have no other source of income. Thanks.

Can't file bankruptcy need advice [ 1 Answers ]

My sister needs advice. Her husband has been out of work for 5 months and is having trouble finding work. She is 4 months pregnant and makes minimum wage. Total credit card debt is about $70k. She looked into filing for bankruptcy, but they will loose their house if she does. She has about...

View more questions Search