Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lumberforme6669 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 5, 2019, 08:30 AM
    Tileing 18x18 porcelain over a floor with mastic from an old 9x9 tile floor, is it OK
    Installing 18x18 porcelain tile over old mastic from a floor tile removed OK, did it in the entry way and was fine , this room is 11x19 still OK?

Check out some similar questions!

How do I strip vct tile mastic from concrete floor [ 0 Answers ]

I stripped tile from a sunroom concrete floor. How do I strip the mastic?

Shower floor tile mastic [ 5 Answers ]

What is the best type of mastic for laying shower floor tile?Are there additives that can be added to mastic to make it more resilient to the type of location it is in?

Porcelain floor tile [ 10 Answers ]

I just installed porcelain tile in my bath, what can I do to make it shiner wihout making it to slick,I have a toddler running around.

How to remove ceramic tile mastic from hardwood floor. [ 4 Answers ]

I removed an old ceramic tile floor in my foyer that was put down over hardwood flooring. The tiles came up pretty easily as they had been there about 20 years. The leftover residue of mastic and grout is pretty brittle. I would like to know the easiest way to clean that up and try to sand and...

Removing Hardset Tile Mastic from Concrete Floor [ 1 Answers ]

I need to remove a hardset ( not glue type) mastic from a large area of concrete floor. The mastic is almost as hard as the concrete and must be ground down in order to lay carpet. I am currently using a floor belt sander with hardest grade paper. It's moving at just about a snails pace. Is...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.