Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bayley7617 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 4, 2019, 12:32 PM
    Does my son need a lawyer to request the transfer.and would it be better for him to h
    I am 75 and cannot keep traveling almost 7 hours to see my son and he also has a 6 year old daughter that needs to see him He was a single father for 4 years now and she misses him so much. Do we need a lawyer to request this transfer or should it be done by my son?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 5, 2019, 02:40 PM
    You son may start and try, that should be the first step.

Then he can have an attorney, if they deny the request.

But...

Don't expect them to do it, assignment of housing is determined by security level, crime, gang membership (if any) race and other issues. Distance from home is not even a consideration.

He as noted may ask, but it is seldom allowed

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1.5 year, no children, no money request and still waiting lawyer to divorce [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, My girlfriend (who is still legally married) filed a divorce on October 2009 and since then she (actually now it's WE)is still waiting for divorce decree. Nobody is asking for money, no assets to share, no children... to make it short, It supposed to be done real quick. My girlfriend and...

What kind of lawyer do I contact when a request for judgment has been made [ 4 Answers ]

My husband is a co-signer on a car for a friend. The friend was in an accident and didn't have insurance on the car. Since there was so insurance on the car the insurance company is trying to re-claim the moneis from the acciedent. The law firm assisgned to this case has not been successful in...

Responding to lawyer request for payment [ 3 Answers ]

Originally in 2002 or 2003 I fell behind in credit card payments. I was having a bad time financially and had always had good credit until my divorce. Anyway, I tried everything to work out something with the credit card companies and even tried paying a little but it didn't help. I was even...

Transfer request [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, my name is christin. In September 06 I got in some legal troble which was actually pretty stupid, I don't know if this matters but ill include it, I was driving my fiancae's extra car with the plates and insurance and all was good, but with in that month or so his doctor had asked me to help...

View more questions Search