Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Apr 6, 2019, 10:02 AM
    here is a shocking tale of Biden I bet you never heard .Dec 1972 newly elected Senator Biden received the tragic news that no one wants to hear . His wife had driven into a busy intersection into the path of an oncoming truck ;killing her and his young baby daughter ,and severely injuring his 2 sons. The driver of the truck Curtis Dunn was cleared of all wrong doing by investigators .Still the accident weighed heavy on him until his own death in 1999. Around 2000 , Biden started telling a fabricated tale of the accident . He claimed in his narrative that Dunn had drunk his lunch instead of eating it implying that he was a drunk driver . The family wrote to Biden asking him to stop and retract . But Biden continued to tell the falsehood smear as late as the time of his run in 2008 for the Presidency and being selected for the Vice Presidency.
    https://www.newarkpostonline.com/.../article_6c9a477e...
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Apr 6, 2019, 10:12 AM
    At least he didn't claim to have flown into Kosovo under sniper fire.

While I desperately do not want him to be president, one can't help but have some compassion for the guy. Wife dead. Daughter dead. Now his son dead. That's a lot of heartache.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 7, 2019, 08:24 AM
    Any democrat look good to you? Just curious as I have this notion your mind is already made up to hold your nose and keep the dufus around to get those conservative activist judges that will overturn those "liberal activist judges" that brought you gay marriage, and abortions, and tax cuts for the rich.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Apr 7, 2019, 09:04 AM
    That's the scary part . Biden was the only Dem I was considering . You should be thrilled with Kavanaugh . He's siding with the libs in case after case .

Bob Kerrey . I could vote for him . https://www.omaha.com/opinion/midlan...dc5375bf4.html

Most likely I'll vote write in again .
    Uber Member

Apr 7, 2019, 12:00 PM
    Any democrat look good to you?
    Well, they have all endorsed AOC's insane New Green Deal. As far as I know they have all endorsed the insane reparations idea. So no, none of them look good to me.

Just curious as I have this notion your mind is already made up to hold your nose and keep the dufus around to get those conservative activist judges that will overturn those "liberal activist judges" that brought you gay marriage, and abortions, and tax cuts for the rich.
    If you can find abortion rights and gay marriage in the Constitution, please post it here.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Apr 7, 2019, 03:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post

If you can find abortion rights and gay marriage in the Constitution, please post it here.
    I think you need to understand the gay scene as an abberration, you won't find it in the constitution because it wasn't an issue in the eighteenth century
    Uber Member

Apr 7, 2019, 04:57 PM
    you won't find it in the constitution because it wasn't an issue in the eighteenth century
    You need to read a little more history.
    Ultra Member

Apr 7, 2019, 06:07 PM
    You need to read a little more history.
    No, they had more important things to think about than whether queers could marry or would want too. For the LGB such matters are later issues once you get past survival. In a society where tolerance doesn't exist such matter are moot.

What I do notice is once they are allowed to marry the heat seems to have gone out of their issues, they are rarely heard of now, faded back into their shadow world
    Expert

Apr 8, 2019, 02:03 AM
    In the US the notion that all are equal is an ongoing struggle. That's history.
    Ultra Member

Apr 8, 2019, 06:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    In the US the notion that all are equal is an ongoing struggle. That's history.
    Yes why do you have such difficulty with it?
    Uber Member

Apr 8, 2019, 06:45 AM
    Equal protection under the law is the concept. I think we do a pretty good job of that, other than the occasional Jussie Smollett.
    Expert

Apr 8, 2019, 06:55 AM
    Equal protection under the law is the concept. I think we do a pretty good job of that, other than the occasional Jussie Smollett.
    I do not, and historical fact bears that out. There has always been opposition to equality, be it class or race, religion, or economics. Looks good on paper, but reality is rather depressing when many still are fighting for the opportunity of freedoms and equal protection under the law.

We have a long way to go.
    Uber Member

Apr 8, 2019, 07:07 AM
    many still are fighting for the opportunity of freedoms and equal protection under the law.
    Who, and in what way?
    Expert

Apr 13, 2019, 03:01 PM
    Women, gays, and minorities. Even grouchy old white men who feel victimized by everybody getting their voices heard and there rights gained. What you didn't know?
    Uber Member

Apr 13, 2019, 03:02 PM
    Women, gays, and minorities.
    I just don't agree with you.
    Expert

Apr 13, 2019, 03:20 PM
    No surprise there. No surprise that you know nothing of the struggles of those that don't look, or think like you either.
    Uber Member

Apr 13, 2019, 06:36 PM
    No surprise there. No surprise that you know nothing of the struggles of those that don't look, or think like you either.
    The question is not of struggles. It's of equal protection under the law. Everyone, believe it or not, has struggles.
    Expert

Apr 14, 2019, 08:48 AM
    I agree so when will we realize that equal protection under the law?
    Uber Member

Apr 14, 2019, 01:00 PM
    I agree so when will we realize that equal protection under the law?
    It will never be perfect, but I know of no major differences. Do you?
    Expert

Apr 15, 2019, 08:40 AM
    We've touched on this before. Women making less money and subject to sexual harassment. The law is slow in addressing that. Gays being thrown out the military and refused financial/social benefits, which is changing, but a lot of opposition, and of course minorities specifically black and brown still fighting discrimination at the polls at the job and are more likely to see heavy jail time than white counterparts and profiled more intensely, and be beat or killed by cops.

DOJ civil right division gutted at a time hate crimes rise, and racist making local policy to facilitate discrimination and harassment. The wage gap ain't no joke either. Surprised you don't acknowledge that discrimination still exists but maybe not as apparent in your locale.

I agree it may never be perfect but we can still strive to do more, and should.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Uncle? [ 2 Answers ]

What relation am I to my wife's brother's son?

My Uncle is mean to me help? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, My mom and dad are on holiday to Germany and my sisters and brothers I hardly ever see them they are always watching TV or on computres and work. So my uncle came over for a couple of days while my parents are on holiday. My uncle was going out for dinner and I asked him can you get me a...

He's poor, I'm not rich but not poor, he expects me to pay for everything, cheap? [ 24 Answers ]

My boyfriend is poor, I'm not rich nor poor, he expects me to pay for everything.. sometimes at dinner he orders a long list and I know I'm going to have to pay for it.. is it about being poor? Or is he cheap?

ISO Uncle [ 2 Answers ]

Hello My name is Heather and I am in search of my uncle who was adopted out after birth. He was born to Noreeta Wilson. While my grandfather was in Korea my grandmother was assulted and became pregnant with my uncle. During those times they made the choice to give him up. He would be in his...

View more questions Search