Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    foreverromantic Posts: 177, Reputation: 1

Apr 3, 2019, 12:21 PM
    Friend stopped e mailing me
    A long time friend suddenly doesn't answer my E Mails. She moved three years ago to another state and has never been back to the state I live in. I have many happy projects to tell her about. She suddenly stopped answering my E Mail. Any thoughts? Thanks.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 3, 2019, 12:38 PM
    Do you have friends in common? Email some of them. She might be in the hospital or too ill to worry about her email. Is she older than 50?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 3, 2019, 02:49 PM
    Pick up the phone and call them. Friends talk, yes they email, they text, they Facebook and the such, but they call each other.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 3, 2019, 04:08 PM
    Many changes and challenges happen in our lives so call them and see what has made her change toward emails to you.
    Unfeigned18 Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Apr 27, 2019, 05:23 PM
    I personally have had long distance friendships and they did not all work out either. It is really hard when you lose contact with people you care about, but your friend not contacting you probably isn't because of you. It doesn't mean that they don't care about you or that you don't care about them. It just means that they have had to adjust to a new life, place and way of doing things and need to time to settle. Plus when two people live in different places and aren't always together they miss out on things in the other persons life. For instance, one of my long distance friends and I would chat over the phone once a week, and she would tell me all about the funny things her friends there did, but because I didn't know the people she was talking about and I wasn't there it wasn't the same as her being here with me. It made me feel left out and somewhat hurt.

My advice to you is to just keep in contact with your friend even if they don't reply, because they swill still get the emails. And just always let them know that you are there if they ever need you. That is all you can do. You are both leading different lives and that is okay, this just means that you can put yourself out there and make other friends. Try to look at the positive. Friends can come and go, and that is okay. You are brave and you can get through this.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why has my best friend stopped talking to me? [ 2 Answers ]

Hey, I'm 21 year old female. Three months ago, my best friend of two years (male) stopped talking to me completely. It has really changed how I am as a person. I used to be pleasant to be around but now I'm just really quiet and all to myself. I cried every day for 2 months literally. Only the last...

Friend has stopped talking to me [ 1 Answers ]

I am 14 year old girl in the eighth grade my best friend I grew up with has not really talked to me all year. I am kind of upset because she is like my sister. I am a tomboy and I love to hunt and fish with my dad. My friend is a has turned into a girly girl about a year or two ago, but she...

My friend has stopped talking to me [ 2 Answers ]

:confused:I don't know how to go about this. I have a good friend and she is a dieting freak. She doesn't eat properly and goes to gym almost everyday. She has lost lot of weight. I have asked her to eat properly but shr doesn't instead she asks me to eat properly( I am fine with my weight, and I...

What should I do about my friend, who stopped talking to me? [ 1 Answers ]

In February, I met a man, who was in two of my classes. We started just studying together at the library and progressively we became close friends. He is married too and we would often talk about our interest, our marriage, and offer advice to each other. He even revealed things to me that he...

View more questions Search