Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    moler161 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 3, 2019, 09:41 AM
    Cartridge
    I am trying to replace a delta 1400 shower cartridge,believe me it will not come,I have tried everything I believe the cartridge was put in wrong, because since I bought the house when you turn the shower on the hot comes out first.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 3, 2019, 10:39 AM
    Maybe the cartridge is hard to wiggle out. Here is a video to show you how it comes apart, and the wiggle technique with channel locks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZ4qOUy6LKU

The next video shows the pry out with a screwdriver technique, and Video #3 the guy uses vice grips. He had the same thing put the cartridge in backward. Just reversing it 180 degrees should be okay.
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Apr 4, 2019, 03:59 PM
    I don't think it was installed wrong, as the cartridge has to fit into holes in the body of the faucet. Grab the stem with large pliers, and pull on it in outward motion. It will go. The cartridge is held in by 3 O rings: one on side of the cartridge and two small ones, on the hot / cold inlets. Those O rings are probably stiff, holding the cartridge in. Just be patient with it. It will go.

Good luck

Milo
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Apr 4, 2019, 07:46 PM
    Isn't there a retaining clip too? My single handle Delta shower mixer has one.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I broke the cartridge puller screw inside of the cartridge stem how do I remove [ 5 Answers ]

I bought a home depot cartridge puller screw inside the stem of my moen shower cartridge how do I remove the cartridge now

Have new black cartridge but it tells me to reinstall ink cartridge [ 1 Answers ]

Message states to reinstall black cartridge but I already have

Compression and Cartridge [ 1 Answers ]

I am not getting much water pressure at the kitchen sink. Do I need to replace the compression cartridge?

Ink Cartridge for HP [ 1 Answers ]

I hv a hp photosmart 7200 series printer and the manual says I need to use a HP#57 tri-color and HP#58 photo print catridge. My question is whether I could use the HP#56 Black for both slots instead. Thanks KK

View more questions Search