Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cguarducci Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 3, 2019, 07:32 AM
    Taxes Amendment and VISA
    Hi,
    Does a tax Amendment affect in some way a VISA status or renewal?

Thanks.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 3, 2019, 02:47 PM
    What type of amendment?
    What type of visa status.

Issues such as student visa (where normally you are not allowed to work) could be effected if you are working, and so on.

Please provide proper information
    cguarducci Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 3, 2019, 04:37 PM
    I have a J1 Research scholar VISA. Last year I was under tax treaty and I was not supposed to pay taxes. I did a mistake in my tax return and I did not indicate all my income. Despite I did not have to pay taxes I should fix it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I filed an amendment to my taxes and have not received my tax refund? [ 1 Answers ]

I filed an amendment to my taxes back in march/april. In June I received a letter from the IRS stating that they received my amendment and should expect my return in a few weeks. It is now the end of October and I've still not received my return. What should I do? Who should I contact? PS I did...

How to file taxes for H1B visa holder and wife on visiting visa [ 1 Answers ]

Hello! I got married on 20th Nov 2010. My wife was in USA for 8 days. Then she went back to UK where she has a job and is paying taxes there. We will be living apart till 2012. Now, 2 questions: 1) Assuming I will be filing taxes married but not jointly, so how should I get my salary in...

Migration amendment (visa capping) bill 2010 australia [ 7 Answers ]

Hello friends, this bill is yet to pass and its expected to be pass 15june 2010. Acoording to this from 147000 visa applicants who apllied for permanenet migration(PR) or Temprarory residence(T.R), their applications can be refused and most of these are cooks, hairdressers and community welfare...

Amendment For H1 Visa [ 3 Answers ]

I am on an H1 Visa and found out that an amendment can be filed for the past 3 years, I need to know the names or contact persons of the agencies that can file the amendment, myibsn.com can file amendments but they do not have any appointment times available. Would be great if you can let me know...

View more questions Search