Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alicequeenmom Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2019, 02:57 PM
    I have a PAD20 perma tank on my well. It is making a gurgling sound.
    The pressure tank sounds like its gurgling. Also if you use on sink in the house or the toilet tank is filling you have barely any water coming out of any other faucet
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Apr 2, 2019, 03:47 PM
    First of all, what is your system pressure? What is the gauge near/on the tank reading?

Beyond that, I would check two things. First, might have a ruptured diaphragm. I'd check that first since it's an easy check. There is an air valve located near the top of the tank. Depress the stem for a few seconds and see what comes out. Should be only air. If it's fairly steady water, then then tank is bad.

If the tank is OK, then it is also possible your pump is pumping some air, and thus the gurgling sound and lack of volume in the house. If you have a hose bib near the tank, then let it run through a hose into a five gallon bucket for a few minutes. If the pump is pumping air, you will see it in the bucket.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Apr 2, 2019, 07:19 PM
    Perfect advice!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Our Perma Tank Water System tank # PAD20 is leaking.. [ 1 Answers ]

Our tank has developed a pin hole and has a slow leak. Can I use epoxy or something to stop the leak ? Thanks, Ted O.

Our Perma Tank Water System tank # PAD20 is leaking [ 2 Answers ]

Our water tank is leaking but I have no idea how to turn it off... help! Can you tell me how to turn it off ?

Perma tank pad 20 [ 8 Answers ]

First Time Member: My Perma Tank PAD 20 Pressure gauge goes from 95 down to 20 PSI when we are using the water: water hose, shower, etc.. Is the pressure gauge going up and down a normal procedure or is the Tank on it's last leg? Thank You

Well perma PAD20 Tank is full of water [ 2 Answers ]

The tank filled up with water. When I checked the air pressure, water came out. So I drained down the water and then refilled the tank with 40 psi air. Is it normal for this to occur or is the bladder most likely leaking. Will I end up having to change the tank. Never changed the tank...

Gurgling sound from tub after flushing toilet [ 3 Answers ]

For the last few weeks, there has been a gurgling sound coming from the bathtub after I flush the toilet. My house is only 1 year old. Nothing has come up from the bathtub, but the sound is there after every flush. Why is this happening? Is this a problem to be concerned with? Thanks.

View more questions Search