Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BlueDragon77 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2019, 07:53 AM
    How does the digestive system know what's inside itself?
    In other words, how do the stomach and intestines detect what substances are within themselves?
    josephdfox Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2019, 09:12 AM
    Article Index. The digestive system is a series of hollow organs joined in a long, twisting tube from the mouth to the anus. Inside this tube is a lining called the mucosa. ... Two solid organs, the liver, and the pancreas produce digestive juices that reach the intestine through small tubes.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Apr 2, 2019, 02:30 PM
    That is the beauty of the body. Amazing thing isn't it. Receptors in the stomach and intestines use a variety of receptors to determine what is available and what is needed. Search "Physiology of the body".
    https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/248791.php

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Digestive system? [ 5 Answers ]

Hey I'm super stuck in my assignment! My assignment is asking my to compare the digestive system of a dog frog and bird.. I've been trying to look up loads of stuff but nothing seems to be helpful.. Does anyone know about any of this ? I will reference yous in my assignment

Digestive system [ 6 Answers ]

I am having issues with my digestive track. I haven't been able to poop properly for a while. I will go a week without pooping and then it's hardly anything. The only way I can poop is by taking a laxative. Any suggestions on what I should do to help. I have tried a lot of things already. I feel...

Human digestive system [ 4 Answers ]

If the human stomach ia after the small intestine, what will happen?

Digestive System [ 1 Answers ]

I am a 55 why.o. Female. Within 1 hour of eating a meal, all passes through me, prior to which my stomach gets bloated. Any ideas what can be the cause?

View more questions Search