Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    foreverromantic Posts: 177, Reputation: 1

Apr 1, 2019, 03:15 PM
    Brass cabinet knobs
    The brass knobs on my bathroom vanity are about 10 years old. Some of them have become tarnished. I don't know whether I can clean them with CLR or something like that.
    I see them on line for sale. My question is: What does the word "Projection" mean in the description of the knob. The knobs are 1 1/4 inch round and the projection is a different number. Does that mean the "depth of the screw?" Thanks.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Apr 1, 2019, 03:46 PM
    Projection-How far the knob sticks out from the front of the vanity. If they are really brass, you need to strip them with lacquer thinner or paint stripper, polish then with Brasso, Blitz or similar and spray them with lacquer. If they are not brass, replace them. .

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

White rotary serial #FR2493729 with cabinet similar to vs cabinet year value [ 0 Answers ]

I have a White Rotary serial # FR249372 9, in a cabinet similar to the old VS style but with 6 side drawers. The sewing machine has the letters of WMS in the center overlayed on top of each other. Can you please tell me the year and the value?

I want to fill brass between iron slot to joint the brass and iron [ 0 Answers ]

I want to make magchuck ring so I make few slots in iron ring od and want to fill these slots with brass and then I remove the balance iron remain in id then there will be joints of iron and brass as ring.

Cabinet knobs and handels install [ 3 Answers ]

How to install cabinet nobs

Replacing Shower Knobs [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to replace some old shower knobs but can't get them off. I have unscrewed the screw and tried to pry them off but they won't budge. Do they not come off or are the just stuck because they are old. If they are stuck what can I use to get them unstuck?

Diverter and Shower Knobs [ 1 Answers ]

I had a diverter that wasn't pushing water through the shower head very efficiently. Since all of the knobs started dripping, my friend recommended that I pull all stems and replace at least the washers. So we pulled out the stems and replaced them. We had some trouble getting the knobs off the...

View more questions Search