Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    arby808 Posts: 110, Reputation: 4

Apr 1, 2019, 01:07 PM
    Mobile home electric connection
    Hi I have a mobile home that has a 100 amp service in it I think it is a Sylvania and a 200 amp service square D on a pole in the front yard. The 200 amp service has a 100 amp breaker that is wired to the garage and there is another 100 amp breaker in the service for a building that was removed from the property. My question is can I run a 2-2-4 to the mobile home under ground and hook up a grounding rod to the mobile home box
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Apr 2, 2019, 04:45 AM
    No, since the Main Breaker is at the pole, the feeder must be 4 wire to the home, for the two hots, one neutral and one equipment ground, with the ground rod driven at the pole grounding both the neutrals and the equipment grounds. Check local codes, some jurisdictions require two ground rods.
    arby808 Posts: 110, Reputation: 4

Apr 2, 2019, 11:17 AM
    There is a 100 amp breaker at the box in the mobile home also
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Apr 2, 2019, 12:06 PM
    That fact does not matter. All grounding must be done at the first Main Disconnect.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mobile home water connection [ 1 Answers ]

I have an older mobile home (Solitaire) and cannot locate the water connection Where should I look

Electric Coleman Mobile home furnace [ 6 Answers ]

The blower fan keeps running and will stop until the breaker is shut off for a while. It may run fine through its complete cycles for a day or two, but will do it again! The furnace hasn't been used for about 4 years. What needs fixed or replaced, and where do I find these parts? The trailer was...

Coverting a gas mobile home to electric [ 9 Answers ]

I just bought my daughter a used mobile home and it has a gas furnace, stove and hot water heater. I am not familiar with gas at all. I grew up with all electric. I am concerned with the gas so I was wondering if you can convert it to all electric. How expensive would the cost be to covert and then...

Starting Mobile Home Electric [ 3 Answers ]

I am trying to find out what all I need to buy to start service for a mobile home. I have spoke with the electric company and do know that I need to have one of there people come out and show me where I have to put the pole but after that I don't know. Right now I do not have anything on the lot...

Electric furnace mobile home won't come on [ 13 Answers ]

I have an Intertherm electric furnace model E2EB-015HB new in 2002 in a mobile home. The blower comes on when I put thermostat to "On Ventilate" but the heating unit will not come on when thermostat raised. This is the kind that has the heat come on for about 4 -5 seconds, then turns off for...

View more questions Search