Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    superstar18 Posts: 380, Reputation: 5

Mar 30, 2019, 10:48 AM
    Changing jobs help
    Hello everyone I'm kind of struggling at the moment. I am debating on if I should apply for this wedding venue or to just wait awhile till my current work finds more people. We are currently low staffed right now and I would hate to put them in a hole. I'm not sure what to do. I don't want to pass up an opportunity, but yet I will feel bad if I leave my job right now. If anyone has any advice, it would be greatly appreciated!
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 30, 2019, 10:52 AM
    If you stay with your current job until more staff are added, could the wait be weeks or months?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 30, 2019, 12:08 PM
    Worrying about your bosses finances before your own may not be wise, so how are your finances? Can you afford to wait? Which one has the best long term forecast for YOU?
    superstar18 Posts: 380, Reputation: 5

Mar 30, 2019, 08:30 PM
    My finances are good at the moment and I'm not sure how long it would be. I think we are trying to find more people right now so it might be a couple of weeks or so. I just don't want them to be in a bad situation and I don't want them to be upset with me either, but I do want to do what's best for me. I just don't want to be on bad terms with my current job. Right now I'm on good terms with them and just don't want to mess that up.
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Mar 31, 2019, 08:25 AM
    I’d apply for the new job and if you are hired, let them know that you may need a couple of weeks at your old job to help them through the transition. It should show the new employer that you are a caring employee.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 31, 2019, 03:00 PM
    You look after your job, if the shoe was different, and they could benefit from laying you off, you would be gone.

You progress your career.
    Nikola Karlsson Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 26, 2019, 08:16 AM
    It's a best way that you need to search new confirmed job before leaving the current.
    It's takes time but you will found the better job .

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Computer and technology are drastically changing white-collar jobs, but they have not [ 3 Answers ]

Computer and technology are drastically changing white-collar jobs, but they have not yet had an impact on blue-collar jobs to any great degree This answer is a true or false answer so its true

FICA taxes not withheld. Will changing jobs be a problem? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I recently realized that my company did not withhold my FICA taxes for the past 4 years. We are yet to have an agreement on how we will handle the reimbursement. I am hoping for them to come up with a reasonable plan that won't be as burdensome on me. While I do want to get this tax...

H1 expired end-Dec;on EAD; I-140 1 yr old; changing jobs [ 3 Answers ]

I'm trying to change jobs, and here is my situation: Second term of H1 (6 Yrs) expired Dec 31, 09. Working on EAD since Sept 08 but have not used AP to travel outside the country. Have a copy of I-9 from the current employer showing the switch to EAD. Have an approved I-140 for over 1 year. The...

Does changing jobs affect getting a mortgage? [ 3 Answers ]

I'm currently working in the customer service field and I will be getting my dental hygiene license and wanted to know if I switch to a job working as a dental hygienist will it affect me trying to get a mortgage in October when I will not have two years on the job history? I was told that it has...

View more questions Search