Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hawkeyespencer Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2019, 08:12 AM
    Had water leaking out of my ceiling and down a kitchen light. Happened while running
    Had water leaking out of my ceiling and down a kitchen light. Happened while running the washing machine. Discovered the a/c pan was overfilling and going over the top of the pan and down into the kitchen. For some reason the washing machine is draining into the a/c drip pan. Washing machine is on the 1rst floor and a/c is in the attic. Any ideas?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Mar 31, 2019, 06:26 AM
    Unless the washer drain hose is totally fixed to the drain, I can't see how water could flow, or be pushed, up one story. I would expect it to flow out the washer drain connection. Water is pretty heavy and to push it UP into the attic would be a challenge. How is the washer drain hose connected to the drain box?
    Not sure where you live but, in Georgia, drip pan drains are directly piped outside and in front of a window so you can see the water coming out.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 31, 2019, 09:16 AM
    Both should have separate drains and be independent of each other and highly possible both have a blockage. Unusual for one to affect another, but possible if they were for some reason connected somewhere. Never seen that. Trace the lines and get back with us if you can.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why water is leaking from my kitchen's ceiling? [ 1 Answers ]

There is a leakage from my kitchen ceiling. The emergency plumber said it is from the flat above. The flat above my flat, switched off their main water more than 3 hours ago. But the water is still leaking from the ceiling. There are no signs of leakage or damp in upstairs flat. Could there still...

Jacuzzi bath water leaking to kitchen ceiling [ 2 Answers ]

I would like to repair my Jacuzzi bath replacing it is hugely expensive. The last time I had a bathin it there was an apparent leak from one of the jets (so says my builder)straight through the bottom of the bath under the bathroom tiles through to the kitchen ceiling! The cost to replace the...

I have water leaking in above the ceiling in kitchen? [ 2 Answers ]

Above the kitchen is a window to the bathroom. When it is wind driven rain it takes a while but then comes in at a steady pace. After removing the ceiling above, the exposed metal joist is rusted along with the wood underneath. The water is coming in where the addition meets the bricks, but the...

Water leaking from under wall when kitchen sink is running [ 2 Answers ]

Water is leaking from under the dishwasher when sink water is running. I pulled out the dishwasher and there is no leak from there. I ran the water and watched the area as I ran the sink water. Water started coming from the floor under the wall bhind the dishwasher. What should I do next

Water leaking through kitchen ceiling [ 1 Answers ]

We live in military housing. The buildings are old, old enough to have had boiler rooms when they were first built. When we moved in the bathtub would take an hour to drain even 1/4 of the water from the tub. We tried everything ourselves then called housing and had them come fix it... the water...

View more questions Search