Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    donnasplace67 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2019, 05:41 AM
    Replace or remodel
    I have a 1 garage attached garage which was built afterhouse. First part of garage has plaster walls that is crumbling off with the ath showings. There is a wall n mddle going into another garage mainly built for storage someoe toldme they can take paster off rebuild walls, take out windows, pour cement for foors take out middle wall andmake it a true 2 carage. Quiote aaround 16000 is this feasabke or should I do a tear down, My entrance to basement is in garage. So I need it attached. Garage is probably around 100 yrs ld
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 30, 2019, 08:39 AM
    That is an onsite choice, Often buildings that old are made very solid.

But you should be getting at least 3 estimates and opinions on this from local contractors.
    Specter1 Posts: 85, Reputation: 2

Sep 13, 2019, 11:59 AM
    For $16,000 I would expect a nice new 2 car garage with lights, outlets, and a garage door opener. Since you appear to be in a northern climate, I would suggest splurging a bit and get the new garage insulated with insulated doors.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replace copper with flex-tubing under k-sink, replace faucet [ 13 Answers ]

I need a new faucet in the kitchen. Old lines are copper and sweated in. Can a novice do-it-yourselfer change the copper lines to flex-steel, and put in a new faucet, or do we need a plumber? We are willing to learn.. Where can I find detailed information on how to do it? Step by step?

Bathroom remodel [ 0 Answers ]

I am going to start my bathroom remodel soon. I'm thinking of tearing down the wall between the bathroom and kitchen, and moving it either 16" or 32" to make the bathroom bigger. It's not a load bearing wall. I was wondering how hard it would be moving the toilet & sink (and a heat register, but...

Replace galvanized DWV during remodel? [ 6 Answers ]

I am in the process of remodeling the main bath. I have cast iron mains and it appears to be galvanized steel for the 2 inch lines. In the past I have had slow drains in both the sink and tub and have resorted to both snaking and chemical cleaners. I have the opportunity to replace the...

Remodel options needed: Replace bath with shower [ 3 Answers ]

I am looking at removing a standard fiberglass bathtub/shower enclosure and installing a tiled shower. What are my options for the base of the shower? I've seen one or two products online that are cultured marble bases with tile inserts that fit right into the old bathtub rough opening. They...

Remodeling a remodel [ 3 Answers ]

A ceiling light was removed during a previous remodel and power was directed to supply a ceiling fan with a light kit installed. The ceiling fan was subsequently replaced with another unit (also with a light kit installed.) At the old box there is currently no light fixture. Just a bundle of...

View more questions Search