Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mathbod Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 28, 2019, 10:32 AM
    Power question
    The number 2x10 to the 500, equates to 2.724 x10 to the 150... Is that correct and can you explain why?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Mar 28, 2019, 11:43 AM
    Did you do the math? Many combinations of numbers can equal the same answer. For 100, you could have 1 X 100, 2X 50, 4X 25, 5X 20, 10X10
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Mar 28, 2019, 12:17 PM
    Please be clear with the question. We can't tell whether you mean this:

(2 x 10)^500 = (2.724 x 10)^150

or this:

2 x 10^500 = 2.724 x 10^150

or something else.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Power strip question [ 6 Answers ]

My power strip for computer is showing a steady , red light. Does this mean it is functioning alright and does not need to be changed. I am seeing different answers to this. My desktop computer is reading "battery low" and needs to be taken back to the factory and before I do that I need to...

Power inverter question [ 10 Answers ]

Why is the following true... If I take a 24V battery bank, hooked to a 24V inverter, which has a 60w incandescent bulb plugged in, the current draw is 2.65 amps (measured between battery and inverter on the (+) wire. So for conversation and argument sake, this is essentially what the battery is...

E=mc^2 Physics Fusion Power question [ 3 Answers ]

When a deuteron combines with a tritium nucleus (a proton and two neutrons) they react to form a helium nucleus and a neutron and 17.6 million eV of energy are "released". How many Joules are released? What is the difference in mass between the masses of the fuel and the products (use E=mc^2 )

Power cable assembly question [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, We have a client that wants an upgraded power cable made for a component that has a detachable cable hooked to a non-grounded (2-pin), "figure-8" style male receptacle. The cable we have to work with has three conductors. Is there any potential risk involved with connecting only two of...

Power supply question about new vid card [ 3 Answers ]

OK, I have read quite a bit of info today and I am getting conflicting opinions. I just bought a new EVGA GeForce 7600 GS 256MB 8X AGP vid card. I didn't notice the small print on the side of the box that says it requires a 400 watt power supply until I got it home. I have a 300 watt power...

View more questions Search