Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cf0219 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 27, 2019, 10:26 PM
    Unsecured credit card debit, after judgement how long do they have to collect
    In ontario.

Divorce. Financial problems. Had credit cards go into arrears. Was close to 2 years but was too depressed to really figure out. Went to court and a judgement was made. Its been over 4 years since the judgment.

I read that in alberta they have 2 years, but extexded to 10 years if a judgement.

Is there some time limit like this in ontario
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 28, 2019, 08:46 AM
    There seems to be a 2-10 year limit after a judgement is rendered, but doing nothing may not be a good option. Talk with an attorney and get your rights options and a good strategy to protect yourself. This is a fairly good article.

https://www.moneyproblems.ca/debt-so...t-against-you/

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Unsecured Credit Card Debt [ 2 Answers ]

My Mother is 78 years old and receives Social Security Check and a government pension from her husband's debt. She recently signed a received a summons to appear in court for a unsecured credit card debt, I don't know how to help her because she can't afford to pay it and she has been...

How can I tell if a credit card number is a "real" VISA/MC or a card Check?Debit Card [ 3 Answers ]

Is there any way to tell based on the account number? Thanks.

Unsecured wireless network someone used my debit card [ 1 Answers ]

OK... I believe I left all my id's in my truck on Saturday... we had one of the grand-kids all weekend (3 years old).. and my father-in-law is dying.. my wife is in charge of the trust.. so it is hetic all the time never mind entertaining a 3 year old :) (phone never stops)... roughly 5pm est...

How long does it take before a credit card company can seek a judgement [ 2 Answers ]

I am in over my head with credit card/loan debt due to losing my job 1 year ago. I've done well in paying my payments but now I am going to stop making payments because its either pay them or my house, food/utilities and car payments/insurance. How long does it normally take before they get a...

View more questions Search