Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JohnathonArcher Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 27, 2019, 11:08 AM
    The Making of a Computer
    I am not sure if this is the correct title: 'The Making of a Computer'. About 30 years ago. A reporter is on a week-long sailboat trip, most of the time during a storm that is so bad, even the captain and crew are too sick to stir the boat. The reporter notices that one of the passengers takes the wheel for days and is having a great time. The last day as the boat is pulling into port, the reporter asks the passenger how he can not care about the choppy seas. The passenger replies "This is nothing. I build computers." The reporter follows the passenger to document his getting a mainframe from design to production.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Apr 2, 2019, 06:42 AM
    Could be "The Soul of a New Machine," by Tracy Kidder

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Soul_of_a_New_Machine

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Making gaming computer [ 20 Answers ]

I want to make my own gaming computer and I don't know exactly where to start. Any websites or tips or anything would help. Also any good things to use inside my computer.I know that making your own gaming PC is better and cheaper than most of the ones sold.

Making computer faster [ 12 Answers ]

This is quite long, but I am trying to be as specific as possible to get the proper replies. I have a few questions about this subject, so please bear with me... I want my computer to run faster: download faster, boot up faster, not bog down with a few programs running & generally perform better. ...

AOL making my computer reboot [ 17 Answers ]

Ok, this has been going on since February. I have AOL open all the time while I'm at work. I'm also usually running quickbooks 08, and other various documents. It doesn't happen all the time. Sometimes it doesn't happen at all! Other times it happens as many as 6 times a day. I will go to click on...

View more questions Search