Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TUT317 Posts: 657, Reputation: 76

Mar 27, 2019, 03:06 AM
    NRA plots to buy Australian politicians
    Our strict gun laws are not for sale. The two One Nation clowns involved have no idea that Australian law forbids political donations from foreign powers.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Mar 27, 2019, 05:16 AM
    The two One Nation clowns involved have no idea that Australian law forbids political donations from foreign powers.
    According to Reuters, they met with NRA reps in September while the law was passed in November. Even at that, there is no evidence that money was given. So, much ado about nothing.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-a...-idUSKCN1R7083
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Mar 27, 2019, 05:20 AM
    No this is not much ado about nothing, this is about political entrapment by agents of the Qatari government acting through AL Zazzera, and arab propaganda machine. Can you believe they worked on this sting for three years, and not to entrap Aussie politicians, they wanted to entrap the NRA, so let us consider where this might lead to in the US, sound like demonrat dirty tricks to me
    Uber Member

Mar 27, 2019, 05:52 AM
    No this is not much ado about nothing, this is about political entrapment by agents of the Qatari government acting through AL Zazzera, and arab propaganda machine. Can you believe they worked on this sting for three years, and not to entrap Aussie politicians, they wanted to entrap the NRA, so let us consider where this might lead to in the US, sound like demonrat dirty tricks to me
    Good point.
    Ultra Member

Mar 28, 2019, 05:15 AM
    And the plot thickens
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Good point.
    The next installment has the useful idiots incriminating themselves and the NRA demonstrating how they deceive the american people

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]https://www.news.com.au/national/politics/al-jazeera-releases-more-undercover-footage-of-one-nation-visits-with-nra/news-story/10449b3557197b8b3ce8761288da9c1a[/FONT]

Dynamite, I think someone blew-up One Nation, they should have waited before they responded, personally, if there is a place below last on the ballot paper, they have it. No place in politics for people this naïve
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Apr 9, 2019, 02:41 PM
    The NRA doesnt deceive us . We are happy that they help protect our interests and our rights as free people to protect ourselves . They also have many safe and responsible gun ownership programs .

Yeah our laws forbid foreign donations . And yet we have endured George Soros funding of all types of progressive causes ;including PACs.
    Ultra Member

Apr 9, 2019, 02:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    The NRA doesnt deceive us . We are happy that they help protect our interests and our rights as free people to protect ourselves . They also have many safe and responsible gun ownership programs .

Yeah our laws forbid foreign donations . And yet we have endured George Soros funding of all types of progressive causes ;including PACs.
    This is, as I have said, a plot, the dimensions of which are not entirely clear. It involved useful idiots on two continents
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 9, 2019, 09:01 PM
    The NRA buys politicians like every special interest group. They will go anywhere they can make a buck with gun friendly lawmakers. You are lucky to have found out about this stuff Clete.
    Ultra Member

Apr 9, 2019, 11:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    The NRA buys politicians like every special interest group. They will go anywhere they can make a buck with gun friendly lawmakers. You are lucky to have found out about this stuff Clete.

Tal, we have a lot of political interference here, mainly Chinese and Indian, they love our minerals, but are somewhat unsuccessful at getting their project up, but home grown US interference, not often seen. Usually kept under wraps.We don't need more guns, have plenty but without the rapid fire variety we don't have massacres, just shootings
    Ultra Member

Apr 10, 2019, 10:19 AM
    The NRA buys politicians like every special interest group.
    yup they all do . groups like :

National Abortion and Reproductive Rights Action League (NARAL)
    National Education Association
    American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees
    EMILY's List
    Leadership Conference on Civil Rights
    NAACP
    National Organization for Women
    Handgun Control
    United Auto Workers
    Sierra Club
    People for the America Way
    Alliance for Justice
    AFL-CIO
    Human Rights Campaign
    Americans for Democratic Action
    La Raza
    Community Rights Council
    Defenders of Wildlife
    Earthjustice
    Endangered Species Coalition
    Feminist Majority
    Leadership Conference on Civil Rights
    National Abortion Federation
    National Environmental Trust
    National Family Planning and Reproductive Health Association
    National Resources Defense Counc
    Religious Coalition for Reproductive Choice
    Ultra Member

Apr 10, 2019, 03:25 PM
    Good heavens Tom you left out the Justice League
    Expert

Apr 10, 2019, 04:47 PM
    What about all those corporations many of which don't pay taxes or a living wage?
    Ultra Member

Apr 10, 2019, 04:48 PM
    all of the above are leftist groups and yes the Justice League included. The Avengers however are true conservative patriots.
    Expert

Apr 10, 2019, 05:11 PM
    Go tell the Hulk you appreciate his conservative bona fides. I dare you. Hulk smash wall!
    Ultra Member

Apr 10, 2019, 05:56 PM
    What about all those corporations many of which don't pay taxes or a living wage?
    like Jeff Bezo's Amazon ? or Howard Shultz' Starbucks ? or Warren Buffet's Berkshire Hathaway ? or Peter Lewis' Progressive Insurance (Lewis
    has poured tens of millions of dollars into the ACLU, America Coming Together, and MoveOn, among other liberal causes)
    or Costco which donated 99% of their political donations to Democrats . So did Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia ;or Bill Gate's Microsoft ;over 80% of their donations went to Dems. Tim Cook's Apple 87% Mark Zuckerberg's Facebook 93%

It really is comical listening to Democrats complain about money in politics .
    Ultra Member

Apr 10, 2019, 06:20 PM
    all of the above are leftist groups and yes the Justice League included. The Avengers however are true conservative patriots.
    Yes fighting to preserve the American way of world domination, you truly don't understand sarcasm, do you?
    Expert

Apr 11, 2019, 06:09 AM
    like Jeff Bezo's Amazon ? or Howard Shultz' Starbucks ? or Warren Buffet's Berkshire Hathaway ? or Peter Lewis' Progressive Insurance (Lewis
    has poured tens of millions of dollars into the ACLU, America Coming Together, and MoveOn, among other liberal causes)
    or Costco which donated 99% of their political donations to Democrats . So did Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia ;or Bill Gate's Microsoft ;over 80% of their donations went to Dems. Tim Cook's Apple 87% Mark Zuckerberg's Facebook 93%

It really is comical listening to Democrats complain about money in politics .
    Repubs seem to do okay with their donors. I notice you only named the dems but we both know repubs have just as many who give just as much.

Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    Yes fighting to preserve the American way of world domination, you truly don't understand sarcasm, do you?
    Like the Aussies do not benefit GREATLY from that so called domination. No sarcasm font needed
    Ultra Member

Apr 11, 2019, 02:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post

Like the Aussies do not benefit GREATLY from that so called domination. No sarcasm font needed
    I don't know that is true. I used to think it might be true, but then I actually met some americans
    Uber Member

Apr 11, 2019, 03:08 PM
    If they make a profit, they pay taxes. When they pay dividends, the share-holders pay taxes. If they don't make a profit, they eventually go bust.
    Ultra Member

Apr 11, 2019, 03:25 PM
    . I notice you only named the dems but we both know repubs have just as many who give just as much.
    the difference being that I am not bothered by "money in politics" . It is covered under the first amendment's petition clause
    "and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances." Lobbying is the ultimate form of petitioning .The
    right to “petition the government for redress of grievances” applies to all of us, rich or poor, business owners or labor unions. {
    Mine Workers v. Illinois Bar Assn., 389 U.S. 217 (1967)}

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Plots [ 0 Answers ]

Invest in which area in hyderabad is double with in a Year

Politicians and fat cats [ 11 Answers ]

Why do politicians of every party when in power give so much support to fat cats, i.e. bankers and CEOs etc in state run bodies etc give so much support to them, even at the expense of their own political careers? These people earn obscenely large salaries bonuses and perks. Often they are part...

Do you know politicians [ 1 Answers ]

Please, can anybody tell me how to find information on the famous politicians of the world. Are there any relevant websites? Thanks.

Gift of plots [ 7 Answers ]

This might not be the best place for this, but anyway.. Having gone to a wake on Friday and a funeral on Monday, the topic of funerals reared its ugly head in my household. As of now I have made no provisions for them (personally, I'd prefer to be cremated and kept at home in an urn). My wife...

Politicians ? [ 13 Answers ]

Who is the Patron Saint of Politicians ?

View more questions Search