Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Brockfam Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 25, 2019, 11:16 AM
    Water pressure gauge not working on newly installed water filtration system
    Water softener went bad so changed system y
    To filters. Pressure in pressure tank at 38. New pressure switch 40-60. New pressure valve 1” input on 3 big blue filters - all with pressure gauges. Submerged pump keeps running. Pressure switch won’t disengage. Water flows through house when pump is on.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Mar 25, 2019, 01:07 PM
    I assume you mean you set the tank pressure at 38# with the system drained which would be correct. With the pump turned back on, is the pressure getting up to 60? Is the cutoff switch attached at the pressure tank or somewhere "upstream"?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Mar 25, 2019, 07:56 PM
    Did you bleed the system after turning on the water? Trapped air can keep a gauge from reading.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

New hot water heater installed, but no hot water pressure. Plenty of cold water? [ 11 Answers ]

Hi, I own a small plumbing service and have a problem I've never encountered before. I installed a new top vented gas water heater for a customer. Turned the main back on, bled air out of the lines, etc. Problem is there is no hot water pressure throughout the house. Cold water pressure is fine....

Newly installed toilet no water through rim holes? [ 3 Answers ]

I just had a toilet installed this weekend and it isn't flushing properly. When I flush, the bowl either empties slowly with a gurgle or just fills up and doesn't empty. The water level in the tank seems right and the chain is not loose. I did notice that there is no water coming out of the rim...

Central water filtration system [ 4 Answers ]

I have well water that has a lot of hard water due to limestone rock all around our house. I am thinking of buying a whirlpool gold (model whelj1) central filter system as it does not require replacing filters and it could fit into my water where an old water softner is now. Do you have any...

Low Hot Water Pressure Only on Newly Installed Faucet [ 2 Answers ]

I just had a new bathroom faucet installed about a week ago. Today when I turned on the hot water side, I had full pressure, then pressure went low and has stayed that way. The cold side is fine. Did something break or could it be installed wrong? Thanks.

How do I increase H2O pressure on well system with a water filtration system? [ 2 Answers ]

Howdy, I would like to know how I can increase my water pressure. My current system uses a well pump with a small pressure tank, and "D" control valve. It then runs through a WATERSOFT filtration tank, RAINSOFT water softner, and on the Hot water side, an AQUASTAR on demand hot water system. I...

View more questions Search