Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    roddels Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 20, 2019, 01:47 PM
    I live in va and work in md,where do I pay taxes
    I live in Va and just accepted a position in MD, do I pay taxes in MD or VA?

I live in VA and accepted a position in MD, which state to I pay taxes to?
    Do I fill out a W4 for VA or MD
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Mar 20, 2019, 02:16 PM
    VA and MD have a reciprocal tax agreement which allows you to pay tax only to VA, even though you work in MD. You should contact your payroll department to ensure that they withhold VA taxes from your wages, and not MD taxes. You will have to sumbit Maryland form MW-507 to make this work.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Mar 20, 2019, 03:10 PM
    Good to know, but if that does not happen, filing both state returns and claiming a tax credit on the Virginia return for taxes paid to Maryland will also work.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

If I live in LA, but work in Tx, do I have to pay LA taxes? [ 1 Answers ]

I am currently residing in Louisiana, but work in Texas. All of my income in earned in Texas. They do not have state taxes. Do I have to pay Louisiana because that is where my primary residence is?

Live in NH, work for MA company, if relocated to work from home, what about taxes? [ 3 Answers ]

Here is the situation: I currently live in NH and work for a MA company. So far I have been filing as non-resident MA tax. I have a possibility to relocate to my home in NH instead of the office in MA. Here are my questions: 1. Will MA taxes still be deducted from my pay? 2. Should I...

Live & work in NY but work for same employer elsewhere.taxes? [ 3 Answers ]

I live in NY and am employed in NY but am sent to work in other states when needed. Am I required to file taxes for every state they send me to work in, or just NY?

I work in PA and live in MA where do I pay taxes. [ 2 Answers ]

I work in PA and lives in MA which state do I pay taxes in?

View more questions Search