Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Srotag Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2019, 01:53 PM
    How to wire a fan and bedroom lights in a switch box
    In my bedroom , I have 3 switches, one for the bedroom lights, one for fan speed, and one for the fan. How do I wire them just for the fan and the bedroom lights?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Mar 19, 2019, 03:01 PM
    Little difficult since we have no idea how it is now wired. Are there 3 power in wires or only 2? Turn off the power to the switches. The simplest way is to keep the hot on the lights, run a jumper over to the fan switch from the light hot feed. All whites stay. Disconnect the hot for the fan switch and the old fan hot and put wire nuts on those wires separately.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I wire 2 lights controlled by a single switch with the power to the switch? [ 4 Answers ]

Need a wiring diagram showing how to wire 2 lights controlled by a single switch where the power comes in to the switch box.

How do I wire 3 lights off 1 switch? [ 2 Answers ]

How do I wire 3 lights off 1 switch?

How do I wire 6 recessed lights to 1 dimmer switch with 12-3 power and 12-2 to lights [ 1 Answers ]

How do I wire 6 recessed lights to 1 dimmer switch with 12-3 power wire source and 12-2 to between the 6 lights and then using 12-2 witing to the single pole switch?--need your help please

Wire three lights on one switch [ 1 Answers ]

How do I wire three lights on one switch?

Wire 4 lights to one switch [ 3 Answers ]

I want to wire 5 lights (recessed) to one switch, is power coming in at the switch is that okay? How do I wire the lights, with gauge wire etc.

View more questions Search