Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ImBubbleee521 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 18, 2019, 10:10 PM
    My 4yr old pit bull hasn't eaten and smells really sweet
    Well, my 4 yr old male pit bull/bull dog hasn't eaten or drank in a week. He's also got a lump on/in his stomach that is the size of a baseball and is hard. He is lethargic & has been throwing up clear fluid, yes after drinking water. He doesn't eat anything, doesn't even play with dog toys. I don't have anymore for a vet, and when I called one they told me that it would cost me $7000 for the surgery he needs. (The vet that said this, Never even saw him!) I'm in serious need of some help and possible assistance.. He also has this Fruity Sweet Smell about him. This isn't normal..
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Mar 19, 2019, 08:19 AM
    If you are so concerned, and rightfully so, you need to go see a vet. That is the price of pet ownership. He could have swallowed something that is blocking the digestive tract.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 20, 2019, 06:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ma0641 View Post
    If you are so concerned, and rightfully so, you need to go see a vet. That is the price of pet ownership. He could have swallowed something that is blocking the digestive tract.
    Yes, I have to agree with this but could be too late. There are plans available from vets. They aren't all as hard hearted as the one you called. Dog ownership certainly comes with a price and if you cant afford to help your dog, you should not have one.
    ladyandjan Posts: 191, Reputation: 4

Apr 20, 2019, 08:30 PM
    What happened with your pet? Did you take the dog to a vet? Could the animal have had access to anti-freeze as sounds like the dog was poisoned from something as the animal is not eating. I had a dog years ago, with cancer and the vet let me know when she refused to eat anything, the kidneys were shutting down and her time was near.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My dog hasn't eaten for a day but his stomach is gurgling a lot what can I do? [ 1 Answers ]

My chihuahua is not feeling well he hasn't eaten for a day but his stomach is gurgling a lot.What can I do.Thanks

Cat keeps throwing up but hasn't eaten for four days [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I have got a 18month old male cat he hasn't eaten or drank for a last three days all he does is vomit, and sleep.

My dog hasn't eaten in 5 days [ 3 Answers ]

My dog hasn't eaten in 5 days and spews when he has a little drink he can't keep anything down his spew is a yellow colour

My dog hasn't eaten for days [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 10month Shepard terrier mix who hasn't eaten for 10 days. He isn't depressed, actually he still wags his tail when he sees us. We took him to the vet but that was no help. All they did was give us some antibiotics but he still won't eat. Is there anything else I could do?

My Dog Hasn't Eaten for 7 days! [ 3 Answers ]

My 3 year old dalmatian hasn't eaten for 7 days! I am so worried about her and terrified she will die. Last Friday was the first day she ate nothing. Digit (my Dalmatian) has urinary crystals, which is something a lot of dalmatians have, and was put on Hills Diet Plan Canine UD, tinned food, when...

View more questions Search