Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Panama1965 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 16, 2019, 10:12 PM
    Toilet bowl water level drops after filling
    Toilet bowl water level drops after filling. Note this toilet has no tank.
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Mar 18, 2019, 03:33 AM
    Hi Panama1965

Your toilet is either partially clogged and needs to be snaked or there could be some obstruction hanging up in the outlet of the toilet siphoning the bowl over time.

Tell me, does the bowl empty immediately after it fills... down to a "glug-glug", or does it siphon out over a few minutes very slowly? Let me know more and I'll tell you more...

Mark

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toilet water level drops in bowl [ 5 Answers ]

I just replaced a toilet in the second floor bath. I've noticed the water level drop in the bowl while watching it. Additionally, my wife flushed the 1st floor toilet and I watched the second floor toilet bowl water rise up and fall to just above the trap. Is this a vent problem or flapper not...

Toilet bowl water level drops fast [ 8 Answers ]

I've got a toilet in the basement with an up-flush tank and pump. After the pump has emptied the tank under the tiolet, the next flush works 100% OK. From the second or the third flush I get this: 1. Flush fine 2. Water comes back to start filling the bowl 3. But then the water level drops as...

Toilet Bowl Water Level Drops [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I just noticed a problem with a toilet I installed about 5 months ago. The water level in the bowl looked a little low this evening (but worked fine earlier today), so I flushed the toilet and it seemed to flush fine and re-fill. However, once it finished re-filling I heard a "gurggling"...

Toilet bowl water level drops after flushing [ 1 Answers ]

When I flush my upstairs toilet it fills the bowl like normal but then after maybe 10 minutes the water level drops down very low like you normally see on windy days. Hope you know what I mean. Lol I checked the hose like you said and also cleaned off the flapper. I also adjusted the water...

Toilet bowl water level slowly drops. [ 5 Answers ]

My toilet was flushing poorly, after a good session of plunging it is working decently again, however another problem has arose. When the toilet is flushed all waste is taken away,then the bowl refills as does the tank,OK so far. When the tank and bowl are filled, what happens next is that the...

View more questions Search