Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Mar 23, 2019, 06:35 PM
    So when we say no, that will be accepted without question, and no attempts will be made to change our minds? Then, voila! no more abortions!
    People try to talk us into doing something stupid all the time. I thought women were supposed to be strong? Well, it's time to put that into action. I never cease to be amazed at how many problems would be solved if women would insist on protecting themselves through marriage. And yes, men need to stop acting like pigs.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 23, 2019, 06:54 PM
    I never cease to be amazed at how many problems would be solved if women would insist on protecting themselves through marriage.
    Married women get abortions. What does marriage have to do with this discussion?

How about this? Each man donates his sperm to a local sperm bank, then gets a vasectomy. When he marries and the couple wants a baby, after counseling they go to the sperm bank and get his sperm that she's artificially inseminated with. Few, if any, abortions will be done.

No sperm = no babies that could be in danger of being aborted.
    Uber Member

Mar 24, 2019, 05:10 AM
    Married women are much less likely to have an abortion. For every 1,000 live births there are 510 abortions for unmarried women, but that drops to 61 abortions for every 1,000 live births for married women.

Come on. Your idea is not workable. Why would we want to start such a complicated and invasive plan when a simple return to basic moral values and common sense would solve the problem? At any rate, I am assuming you intend it as a joke. Still, you perplex me. As someone who is a confessing Christian, it puzzles me why you pass on opportunities to agree and say, "Yeah, let's try doing things God's way." Strange.

Go to church this morning. Worship the Lord. Have a great day!
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 24, 2019, 08:01 AM
    Married women, or single for that matter, that are aware, have the means, visit a OB/GYN as needed and make SURE they are not pregnant. Do you consider those in office procedures to be an abortion? Seldom is this made public except with the closet of friends and even husbands may not know of the results or outcomes of their doctor visits.

I should also include if a guy is old enough to have sex, then he is old enough to be responsible and AWARE of what those responsibilities include. They didn't have condoms in ancient times, but they had prostitutes, and females that were sexually active, and many aware of how to avoid pregnancy, despite the religious taboos of the times.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 24, 2019, 10:05 AM
    Come on. Your idea is not workable. Why would we want to start such a complicated and invasive plan when a simple return to basic moral values and common sense would solve the problem? At any rate, I am assuming you intend it as a joke.
    No, I don't intend it as a joke. It's not complicated, and if you want invasive, try being pregnant for nine months!

You've raged about women who have had sex with men, his sperm got them pregnant, she didn't want a child (just the love he gave her), and therefore got an abortion. So, if we take the sperm out of the equation, there won't be abortions, and babies will be conceived when both parties agree to pregnancy. Moral values and common sense don't prevent an unwanted pregnancy. Eliminating sperm until it's needed to produce a baby solves all sorts of problems!
    waltero Posts: 620, Reputation: 5

Mar 24, 2019, 11:19 AM
    if we take the sperm out of the equation, there won't be abortions, and babies will be conceived when both parties agree to pregnancy. Moral values and common sense don't prevent an unwanted pregnancy. Eliminating sperm until it's needed to produce a baby solves all sorts of problems!
    …And create many other problems

Abortion will always be an option.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 24, 2019, 01:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by waltero View Post

Like, create what problems? (Jlisenbe wants to ban all abortions, thus this part of the thread.)
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 24, 2019, 01:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by waltero View Post

Mandatory vasectomies at birth? Or at puberty? How about condoms 2 for a buck in every bathroom? What! They don't sell them in public bathrooms any more? I have seem them in gas stations though.

What's in your wallet?

I remember the exploding heads when schools tried to give them away free.
    Uber Member

Mar 24, 2019, 02:01 PM
    It's sad to me to read your pro-abortion posts. There was a day when women were the foremost defenders of children. They stood for life. That day has evidently come and gone. Very unfortunate, and rather than advocate for the Biblical position of sex within marriage, you have come up with a nonsensical idea to have all men have a vasectomy and store their sperm in sperm banks. Wow. It's hard to know how to respond to that. It's on the level of AOC's New Green Deal.

Why wouldn't you side with the position of the Bible?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 24, 2019, 03:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    It's sad to me to read your pro-abortion posts. There was a day when women were the foremost defenders of children. They stood for life. That day has evidently come and gone. Very unfortunate, and rather than advocate for the Biblical position of sex within marriage, you have come up with a nonsensical idea to have all men have a vasectomy and store their sperm in sperm banks. Wow. It's hard to know how to respond to that. It's on the level of AOC's New Green Deal.

Why wouldn't you side with the position of the Bible?
    How do you prevent conception? Birth control doesn't always work. I know of women who have used THREE forms of birth control, yet still got pregnant. Not every baby conceived, even in marriage, is wanted. Then what? My grandmother ended up with 13 children, two of whom died at birth. JL, birth control for men seems to be the better solution. Or an emphatic "no sex, thank you" from women.
    waltero Posts: 620, Reputation: 5

Mar 24, 2019, 03:18 PM
    Moral values and common sense don't prevent an unwanted pregnancy.
    If not for Moral values, what might prevent unwanted pregnancies?

"Unwanted pregnancies" = Teen pregnancies.

It cannot be fixed without a general reassessment of the attitudes and mores regarding adolescent sexuality in the U.S.
    Uber Member

Mar 24, 2019, 03:41 PM
    I know of women who have used THREE forms of birth control, yet still got pregnant. Not every baby conceived, even in marriage, is wanted. Then what?
    Yes. I get your point. You are saying that killing the baby is definitely the way to go. I think you like to hide that fact under a load of rhetoric, but the unhappy truth remains.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 24, 2019, 03:49 PM
    Yes. I get your point. You are saying that killing the baby is definitely the way to go. I think you like to hide that fact under a load of rhetoric, but the unhappy truth remains.
    No, i'm NOT saying that. I'm asking you. Does the wife, now having to raise an unwanted child, say no to her husband (and move to a different bedroom?) so she doesn't get pregnant again?
    Uber Member

Mar 24, 2019, 04:18 PM
    No, i'm NOT saying that. I'm asking you. Does the wife, now having to raise an unwanted child, say no to her husband (and move to a different bedroom?) so she doesn't get pregnant again?
    That can be a difficult question, no doubt, but the alternative is to kill the baby, so you have to decide if you think that is OK. You refuse to take a stand against it, preferring to post difficult but extremely rare scenarios.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 24, 2019, 04:25 PM
    That can be a difficult question, no doubt, but the alternative is to kill the baby, so you have to decide if you think that is OK. You refuse to take a stand against it, preferring to post difficult but extremely rare scenarios.
    "Extremely rare"????? You don't get out much or at least don't talk to many women. Okay, I'm finished with this. And no, I'm not in favor of abortion.
    Uber Member

Mar 24, 2019, 05:23 PM
    I get that. I do believe you care for people. I'd like to see you firmer in your belief, but you'd probably like to see me more compassionate, so that's fine.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 24, 2019, 05:28 PM
    I get that. I do believe you care for people. I'd like to see you firmer in your belief, but you'd probably like to see me more compassionate, so that's fine.
    Firmer in my belief?
    Uber Member

Mar 24, 2019, 05:36 PM
    We've talked it to death. I get irritated with myself for getting too intense in these discussions. I am opposed to abortion as it involves the taking of a human life. I don't understand why others don't feel the same way, but it's not for me to point fingers.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Terror attack in London [ 25 Answers ]

Here we are again, a muslim terrorist attacking in the west. He successfully achieved his objective reaching the grounds of the parliament so that his target was unmistakable. When will we realise that muslims are a fifth column in the west? A dangerous active fifth column. No muslim true to his...

What is the difference between panic attack and anxiety attack? [ 3 Answers ]

I have had this happen twice dizziness along with sweat diarrhea and nausea I thought I was going to die. It wasn't food poison. I have a lot of stress the last time I was watching a horrible movie.

Abram's week of terror [ 10 Answers ]

Hi again! The problem I'm going to discuss is solved, however, I'm curious as to what others think was the cause. Here's the story. For the past few days, almost a week, my Abram has been a little monster! He has always had free roam of the house and been a perfect angel. Brandy is crated. But he...

Daschund terror [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 2 1/2 year old male dashund who I got when he was about 1 year old. He has a lot of aggressive issues and we think he was abused before we got him. When I walk him he goes crazy at the sight of other dogs, runners, bikers, big trucks... I can control this behavior most of the time but some...

View more questions Search