Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rae1953 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2019, 11:39 AM
    Adding a deck to existing porch
    I have a concrete porch aprox. 4x6 ft . That leads to my front door. I would like to have a deck there. Instead of removing the existing porch; can I add a deck to both sides of the porch? Are there other ways to do this? I am a 66 year old disabled grandma so I will not be doing the work myself. Of course, I want to keep the spending at a minimum. ANY ideas on this project will sure help guide me.Thanks.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 10, 2019, 02:38 PM
    The deck would be made of wood or concrete? What would be behind the deck, windows? Do you want an open deck or enclosed one? How many steps go up to the porch, and would they stay?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Mar 11, 2019, 01:55 PM
    Your post is a bit confusing. You want to add decking on the sides of the concrete porch OR over the porch and make it all bigger?
    rae1953 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2019, 12:01 PM
    The existing deck is concrete with 2 steps leading up to it . I has 2 poles holding up an aluminum overhang. There is 1 window on either side of the porch. I am just basically looking for an easy and cost effective way to have an enclosed area on the front of my house. I don't know if removing the existing porch, pouring a slab, and building an enclosure would be more or less costly. Any ideas?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Adding pergola to existing deck [ 9 Answers ]

I have a 12' x 16' deck. Construction is 2x10 ledger attached to house and two 2x10 beams sandwiched around three 6x6 posts (posts are set in concrete piers 4' deep). The beams are set in (cantilevered) about 15" from the outside edge of the deck. The joists are 16" on center and are 2x8's. ...

Adding A Cantilever Extension To An Existing Deck [ 1 Answers ]

I think I made a mistake when I tried to post this the first time so I apologize in advance for any duplicate. I would like to add a 2' cantilevered extension to an existing deck which is 9 1/2' wide, 45' long and 4' ~ 10' of the ground. The builder attached a 2" x 10" ledger to the cottage,...

Adding hand rail to existing deck [ 2 Answers ]

We have a 2 year old composite deck that is 16x16. We need to add hand rails and stair rails. Any suggestions on the easiest way to go about this? Thanks! Jaimie

I am trying to rienforce bak deck/porch to support hot tub [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I am having trouble finding answers. I am trying to put a hot tub on my deck. This is where it gets tricky. The deck is really a porch with its own block wall foundation. I live in a brick row home so they added a 14’x 8' extension to the basement and covered it with a 4" thick concrete...

Adding a screened porch/room [ 3 Answers ]

My husband & I are considering a screened porch to be attached (that's probably the only kind) to the house where there is a 10ft.x 18ft slab. It will be on the small side then, with a height just shy of 8ft. We are differing on the approx. cost. Before I call any companies... would anyone know...

View more questions Search