Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chochocho Posts: 60, Reputation: 1

Mar 9, 2019, 11:49 AM
    Intellectual property for phone app
    • I currently have a messaging phone app being developed for me by a developer. The app, through its software design has one unique feature different from others.
    • But I have some concerns about this project, which are:
    • (1) I want some form of intellectual property(IP) to this process, but don't know what to file for in terms of protecting this unique feature in my app. A copyright, trademark or patent as it applies to the unique process used in my software to send messages?
    • (2) through my research, I've understood that it takes a couple of thousands of dollars to file for copyrights, trademarks or patents and currently I can't afford this cost. My app is billed to be released at the app store next month, so is there any alternative form of temporary IP protection that I can obtain cheaply for now before I make enough money to file the real legal IP documents. I'm just worried of someone stealing my idea and obtaining the legal IP protection on it before me
    • Please, I need your advice.
    • Thanks8
    Specter1 Posts: 85, Reputation: 2

Aug 20, 2019, 07:45 PM
    You need to post this question over at Bleeping Computer.

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/

Dec 21, 2019, 11:27 AM
    ok. thanks for the info. will try it out
    emilyclark Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 22, 2019, 10:11 AM
    first Register your idea,then work on your project!!

Dec 30, 2020, 01:15 PM
    Hi thanks for you response. I currently have file for a copyright for the software, but I just want to know, what process can be use to register it if that will help me in my IP protection effort?

Thanks.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Copyright / Intellectual Property Rights problem [ 5 Answers ]

I have created a computer program at home and made a copy and transferrerd it to a work computer. I work for the Air Force and now my management have seen my program they want it to be used at other bases. I have refused to allow them to do this and have refused to give the password for them to...

Is it violating the Intellectual Property Law [ 2 Answers ]

We're a Blockstoy company in Hongkong,having an online shop To my shock,At present I search on Yahoo and Google,found lots of sellers in China who're selling on DHgate and Aliexpress steal our products plan! I have reported this to the network platform but no customer service help us or resolve...

Intellectual property copyright of deceased minister [ 1 Answers ]

I want to broadcast a podcast of several deceased ministers, died from about 3-15 years. I have the recordings and wanted to know if there were any copyright laws I need to consider before doing so. Thanks.:o

Intellectual property law [ 1 Answers ]

What is the impact and effect of intellectual property law protection in both developed and developing countries? :confused:

View more questions Search