Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    renee13 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 7, 2019, 06:37 PM
    I have water on my ceiling on the first floor and cannot detect a leak on meter.
    I have water coming from my ceiling on the first floor. I do not see any apparent water anywhere up stairs. We used tub and washer right before it started but there is no water on the inside of the house only in the walls.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 7, 2019, 07:01 PM
    It is possible
    1. that the leak is very small and can not be seen on meter
    2. it is a drain pipe that has started leaking, thus it would not be showing at the meter.

The harder issue is often the water can travel over a pipe, board and wire, so the area right above the water damage may not be the actual leak.

Do you have any access to the pipe area?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

First floor ceiling leak beneath the master tub on second floor [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, My twin infants accidentally poured water on the tiled floor of our master bathroom while taking shower. It was not rainy outside but when I went downstairs, I saw water leaking from the ceiling of the first floor. How can I get it fixed?

Tile leak from 3rd floor through 2nd floor ceiling (bath) [ 5 Answers ]

Hi All: We renovated our third floor bathroom which included stripping the floor down and installing tiles (1" squares within 1' blocks). After our 3rd floor tenant takes long showers we get some leakage through her floor and thusly through our ceiling (which we now have partially open to have...

Water leak in first floor bathroom ceiling nothing coming from upstairs [ 2 Answers ]

Hello I have a cape house I have a dormer bethroom upstairs with a walk in shower sink and toitel, below it is my first floor bathroom.. this morning before I got into the shower I notice large water spots on my first floor ceiling went upstairs it is dry upstaris shower has not been used in...

How can I find a water leak(s) in my first floor ceiling? [ 4 Answers ]

I have noticed 6 water marks appearing on the ceiling of my first floor. 2 run along the entire length of the floor, seems to be running the joint of 2 drywall sheets because they are long, thin and straight. The others are smaller spots in different area's of the ceiling but all in the same...

1st floor ceiling leak below 2nd floor shower [ 2 Answers ]

Our ceiling has developed a swelling or bubble in the ceiling and when touched-it literally fell apart and created a hole. It is dry to the touch but happens to be right in line with our 2nd floor master bedroom shower where the plumbing probably comes down. The shower has a plastic floor with a...

View more questions Search