Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kaykt777 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2019, 08:49 PM
    Death benefits
    My daughters biological dad passed when she was 2... so I immediately started collecting Social security survivors benefits.. 3 years later my new husband wanted to adopt her and social security said it was OK she could still collect the survivors benefits... we divorced after a few years snd eventually he abandoned her and didn't have contact with her the last 3 years but now todsy he has died I find out and he was a 100 percent disabled veteran. Does anyone know if she has rights to any of the benefits from the VA or social security ? I am not intending to try to be greedy I am just curious
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 6, 2019, 03:27 AM
    You should visit your Social Security office to see if she qualifies so you can apply if she does.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Apr 23, 2019, 07:35 PM
    If he qualified and was collecting SSDI then she may have been entitled prior to his death to part of the benefit. Depending on his work record his SSI may or may not come into play. That would be something to ask Social Security Admin about and have all the needed paperwork with you if you do apply.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Death Benefits from 401k [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I am trying to help my aunt. My uncle passed away almost 2 years ago and he left her his 401k and we are trying to figure out what to do with it. She initially left it with the company, but now I am wondering if we should move it to an IRA account or something. I guess I have just been...

View more questions Search