Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bellafrost43 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2019, 07:31 AM
    Need advice on Insurance Claim
    Need advice on health insurance claim. Was traveling international, kid got hurt ended up paying $1400 for stitches. Paid upfront at that moment. Upon returning to USA I submitted the claim and my it ended up in deductible. Also; didn’t get any insurance discount. Please if someone know any information on how to deal with insurance, we already paid the bill in full, now we want at least 80-20%. Please any advice on this would be appreciated.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 5, 2019, 07:51 AM
    Contact your provider. Many US based heath insurances don’t cover injuries outside of the country. This is why purchasing trip insurance that only covers the dates of travel is very important.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 5, 2019, 11:07 AM
    Agreed, very few US health insurance pays for any international health care,
    Some do on preapproved, others only pay if you use an authorized provider.
    I know my insurance BCBS only pays international, if you go to one of their listed providers (you should have looked who they were and had a list of doctors in the area you were to travel before you traveled)

Also what is your deductible, and max out of pocket

They should have given you an exact reason for non payment in a explanation of benefit letter.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Mar 5, 2019, 12:14 PM
    If you submitted a claim and got an EOB, it should have a number for contact. As noted, unless your coverage specifically addresses out of USA, you are probably on the hook so to say. What is your deductible?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to do a JE for insurance claim? [ 0 Answers ]

If you are getting paid $500 from an insurance company two months in the future, what Journal Entry would you make now?

Insurance claim [ 2 Answers ]

Hello.. during the 2007 floods in hull a few houses down our street where flooded including our next door neighbour but our house was OK. I have just started to notice the walls bubbling in our house and we may have signs of secondary flooding. At the time we where insured with the AA insurance...

Car insurance claim [ 1 Answers ]

I had a car accident two years ago and my car insurance has gave me a lot of trouble paying the hospital bills, my daughter got injury and now she is blind her last name is her father but in time of the accident I gave my married last name to her. We taking the case to court will that mean that she...

View more questions Search