Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Mar 4, 2019, 08:08 PM
    EPDM roofing
    Anyone here with experience with EPDM roofing??
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Mar 5, 2019, 12:06 PM
    One of my past accounts was an EPDM roofing company. Commercial low pitch cover. I watched applications of the product and in large sheets it is not a DIY job. On the large surface work, they ballasted the roof with large stones. You can't nail through it. Typically it is bent over the fascia and secured there so there are no possible openings in the roof. Here is a link it found.
    http://epdmroofs.org/what-is-epdm/
    Uber Member

Mar 5, 2019, 04:23 PM
    Thanks for the reply. The area in question is about 12 x 30 feet. The rolls come, as I understand it, in 10 foot wide rolls, so I'm thinking three pieces 12 pieces long plus some for overlap. Evidently there is a very good way for closing the seams, so that would hopefully not be a problem. Thanks for the link.
    Specter1 Posts: 85, Reputation: 2

Aug 31, 2019, 09:13 AM
    I love elastomeric roofing. It is a huge improvement over the old tar and gravel roofing. Come to think of it, I can't recall a single new commercial roof I have been on recently that wasn't elastomeric. There is a bonding adhesive you roll on to seal the seams. Follow manufacturers recommendation for overlap between sheets.

https://www.bestmaterials.com/Search...ategoryid=1340
    Uber Member

Aug 31, 2019, 10:03 AM
    Thanks. I'm still considering my options.
    Specter1 Posts: 85, Reputation: 2

Sep 1, 2019, 06:47 AM
    You might want to consider a standing seam metal roof. They are zero maintenance, and generally have a 50+ year guaranty. The also don't heat up like an asphalt shingle roof or tar and gravel roof.

https://www.sheffieldmetals.com/Reso...-metal-roofing

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Re roof EPDM [ 0 Answers ]

Hello been here a long time ago... 21boat... Refresh, Im a G.C. have physically done a lot of EPDM but I have a roof question. I have a landlord that I do a lot of work for so here’s the scenario. Some cap screws under old EPDM are working there way up and some have punctured the Existing EPDM,...

Pitched shingle roofing installed over vented nailboard meeting flat EPDM roofing [ 0 Answers ]

How do I flash and finish a pitched shingle roof installed over a 4-1/2" vented nailboard when the pitched roof dead ends into a flat EPDM roof?

EPDM Roof Plans [ 1 Answers ]

We're just about done with the design phase of an addition to our 1933 DC row house. I plan to do most of the work myself and would like to be able to do the roof too. The addition has a modest footprint of 5'x10' and requires a roof with a 2:12 pitch or less. Our architect has called for asphalt...

IB Roofing (pvc) vs. CertianTeed Roofing [ 3 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me the pros and cons between these two roofing materials. I am in charge of having a roof replaced for our city council. We have had several contractors come in and give us estimates and its down between these two. Both are at the same cost. This is going on a building with a flat...

View more questions Search