Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ruslan98 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 2, 2019, 02:53 AM
    Can plaintiff be mentally evaluated in Florida criminal cases?
    My friend, well outstanding man, is accused of something he didn't do. His words "it's totally made up. Not even close." The plaintiff has prior mental history. However, friend's Public Defence doesn't do much, except getting a plea of 5 years in prison. It's not right that sane people suffers for someone's insanity.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 2, 2019, 06:04 AM
    If this man wished to plead a mental defense, he can but he must tell his attorney to do this. (Attorneys have to do what we tell them, but can advise us different)
    The issue is, that normally we pay for that medical exam, although it can be done by court.

But that level is that they did not understand, what they did was wrong at the time, they did it. They have to admit they did it, but because of an mental defect, did not understand it was wrong. (loose idea of how it works)

With that said, even if that works, it is not like TV, they may go to a secure mental health facility ( yep you guessed it, a prison mental health ward)
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Mar 2, 2019, 07:04 AM
    Fr. Chuck. I read the plaintiff is alleged to have past issues, not the defendant.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Statute of limitations Florida criminal? [ 5 Answers ]

If I have a warrant in another state and the statute of limitation is up. Will the warrant be dropped or can they still prosecute me

What criminal cases can single woman who got pregnant by married man can file? [ 5 Answers ]

If mistress got pregnant by married man? She is 20yrs old and single!What criminal charges or cases can she file?

Does California and Florida reciprocate criminal records? [ 3 Answers ]

I am a convicted felon in Florida (simple drug possesion) and have heard that if I move to California, it will not follow me because California does not recognize or communicate with Florida's legal system. I also heard New York is the same. Does anyone know anything about this?

Arrest in my.living in Florida.criminal lien [ 6 Answers ]

I was arrested in MI charged with A felony for stalking... I do not live in MI anymore. PPO expired and then the warrant was issued. There has been no violations of the ppo. I recently had a FDLE run (Florida Department of Law Enforcement record) and nothing is showing up on that. Question,...

What is the criminal liability for these cases? [ 2 Answers ]

Hallow there! I want to know what is the criminal liability for the bar owner who happened to kick out one of his client to the dumping place for fear of being judged by police.the incidence happened after the client loose consciousness after hitting the bar stool. However his client was...

View more questions Search