Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    zoeyconnor Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 28, 2019, 04:32 PM
    Foster care
    Hi my name is Zoey and my mom has treated me like dirt. All she does is do what ever she wants. I try to spend time with herbut all she would do is make plans with her new boyfreind. She has takens every door of the hinges and I cant do anthing without her staring at me. Even when I'm using the bathroom she is in there with me for no reason. She curses her head off at me and says I'm a worthless girl. She has hit me before and kicked me out of the house.She has taken most of my friends away and it really bothers me. She always calls me a lier and I don't even lie. I cant even go to schoolwith out her calling them to make sure I'm there. Im never allowed to leave my house witch is awful. Well I hope someone can help me thanks.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 28, 2019, 05:05 PM
    How old are you, Zoey?

How long has this been going on?
    zoeyconnor Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2019, 11:00 AM
    Hi wondergirl this has been going on for almost 4 years and I'm 15
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 1, 2019, 12:26 PM
    Do you have a social worker or an advocate during your foster-care situation? Usually there's a person who oversees your welfare.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 1, 2019, 12:41 PM
    Are you currently in foster care?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 1, 2019, 02:49 PM
    Report this to you teacher and/or the police
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Mar 2, 2019, 10:23 AM
    It sounds like you're living with your biological mom, and you're hoping to be placed in foster care? Is that the situation?

We can't help you get placed in foster care. First, we're online, we're not social workers, we're not CPS, and we have no influence over any of the organizations that would decide whether to send you to foster care. Even if we did, we're only hearing your side of the story. Your mom isn't here to defend herself against your alligations.

If you feel you're living in an abusive household call CPS, go to the police, tell a teacher or trusted adult. CPS will come to your home and assess the situation. They'll talk to you and your mother to determine what's going on and whether or not you need to be removed from the home.
    waltero Posts: 620, Reputation: 5

Mar 2, 2019, 03:45 PM
    I'm sure your going a million miles an hour right now, time to take a break and relax.
    Think, think what your putting your mother through, I'm sure she loves you and wants only the best for you.
    Foster care is not the Answer!

Foster homes are full of teenage 'kids that can't handle it', at home anymore.
    Nobody is going to care for you like your own mother, not in this life.
    Raising a teenager is much harder on the Parent than it is 'being a teenager', believe that.
    Understand that...the reality of it.

You are not alone in this, many teens are struggling this very same issue.
    Biggest thing is to try and talk to somebody face to face.
    Worse thing to do is talk to people your own age or move in with friends.
    But of course if your mind is made up and you want to be placed in Foster care, just keep headed in the same direction and you will achieve said goal.

I urge you to relax and meditate on what you hope to achieve with your actions, what is your mother hoping to achieve by her actions?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Foster Care [ 0 Answers ]

Am currently living with my godmom because me and my birth mother were just not getting along she was so negative not letting me go anywhere always making me watch my little sister when I did have plans don't get me wrong I love my little sister but I just needed a break it felt like I was being a...

I want to go into foster care [ 8 Answers ]

I want to go into foster care because I am getting sick of me and my nana arguing and also I got really angry over something and I kicked off real bad so my nana had to sit on me and it happned twice. I can't take anymore she is accusing me and my brother kyle from when she had a stroke and then...

Foster care.. [ 1 Answers ]

Does there have to be an age limit between when you turning 18 and when you go into foster care? Also can they deny putting you into foster care?

How do I obtain records from when I was in care/foster-care [ 3 Answers ]

I have tried everything to obtain records for when I was in care/foster care 1955 - 1965 to no avail I would also like to know if my mother is alive - I have not seen her since 1955. I have searched records - there are no death record for her, so hopefully she is still alive.

My nephews are in foster care and I want to care for them myself. [ 5 Answers ]

My nephews are in foster care and their mam,my sister has recently died.my mam has recently been denied kinship of the children,and I'm putting myself forward to care for them.what are my chances against social services.

View more questions Search