Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Trishala Raj Posts: 95, Reputation: 1

Feb 26, 2019, 06:05 PM
    FBAR for insurance policy
    Hi,

If we have LIC ( insurance) policy in India of minimum value, should we file FBAR? ($3000)
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Feb 26, 2019, 08:13 PM
    The LIC Insurance Policty with a cash value of $3,000 IS an item that needs to be reported on the FBAR.

However, if that is your ONLY reportable asset in overseas accounts, then NO FBAR is needed because you are well below the $10,000 reporting threshold.
    Trishala Raj Posts: 95, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2019, 07:51 PM
    Thank you
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Feb 27, 2019, 10:22 PM
    Glad to help!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tax and FBAR on foreign Life insurance policy premium [ 5 Answers ]

If one is paying premiums in foreign currency on a life insurance policy held in his name in a foreign country where the policy has not matured and the insurance company is foreign, does he have to report anything on IRS tax returns or file FBAR? Since the policy has not matured or canceled,...

A company insurance salesman sold a life insurance policy to a client for a premium o [ 1 Answers ]

A company insurance salesman sold a life insurance policy to a client for a premium of $25,000. The agency billed the client for the policy and is entitled to a commission of 20%. How do I do an adjusting journal entry for this question? Will it have two parts to it?

Looking for insurance policy no 9929780 insurance company he have [ 2 Answers ]

Prairie land/federated insurance campany ineed to get this insurance campany

FBAR and LIfe Insurance [ 2 Answers ]

I live abroad and every year I pay about 500 as my life insurance premium so that if I were to dies my family would get 100000 as long as I've paid premium for the year. However, if I were to stop paying the premium from next year I won't get anything back. Do I need to declare this in FBAR?

Two health insurance policy for surgery and 2nd insurance not paying [ 1 Answers ]

Had hysterictomy in 08, In 09 got a bill from hospital saying 2nd insurance withdrew 2k stating that was my portion or my copay. Is this right? I tried to appeal and the insurance is sticking to it. My primary ended up paying 16k to the 2nd insurance only paying 600. What are my options. I have...

View more questions Search