Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Feb 24, 2019, 09:46 PM
    Kim's train
    Now here is a guy who understands great train journeys and not so fast trains

https://www.9news.com.au/2019/02/24/...o-trump-summit

Fact is train journeys are the forgotten form of luxury travel in the western world but not in Asia.

How trusting is Kim that no one will attempt to assassinate him during his classic train journey. A murder on the orient express situation, literally.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Feb 25, 2019, 04:03 AM
    yeah he owns the train and the country it will traverse . I'm sure his train is packed with all the amenities. But I do get your point about train travel . They just shut down the dining car in the Amtrac train here . However ,travel long distance by train was top technology in the late 19th century . I don't see the appeal today .
    Ultra Member

Feb 25, 2019, 05:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    yeah he owns the train and the country it will traverse . I'm sure his train is packed with all the amenities. But I do get your point about train travel . They just shut down the dining car in the Amtrac train here . However ,travel long distance by train was top technology in the late 19th century . I don't see the appeal today .
    Well it must have some appeal to dictators, did you know the Chinese even built a very fast train to NK. I did a lot of train travel when I was young and carless, even caught a 60's version of a VFT, it could do 100 mph, boggles the mind, don't it, don't have any trains that travel that fast today
    Ultra Member

Feb 25, 2019, 06:28 PM
    How can you say he owns the country traversed, for thousands of miles he will be in a foreign place. It may be friendly, it may not. I have ridden on rail for part of that system and, generally, I found it fairly boring, so Kim will be bored out of his brain by the time he gets there, but if you don't own a personal jet, what else do you have. Trump may have an advantage of meeting Kim when he is bored and dulled by the journey.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 25, 2019, 06:45 PM
    The dufus could have offered to pick him up and ride together to 'Nam. Now that's a photo op!
    Ultra Member

Feb 25, 2019, 07:49 PM
    How can you say he owns the country traversed, for thousands of miles he will be in a foreign place.
    Because he is only traveling to the border of Vietnam by train and in China he will be under the protection of the Chinese . They won't let anything happen to him . How do you know he is even on the train? This report could be a diversion.
    Ultra Member

Feb 25, 2019, 08:09 PM
    Because he is only traveling to the border of Vietnam by train and in China he will be under the protection of the Chinese . They won't let anything happen to him . How do you know he is even on the train? This report could be a diversion.
    Well this is true, who knows what an NK thinks, let alone does, paranoid in depth. But yes, Tal, Trump could have offered him a lift, the ultimate humilation You and I might think it a reasonble gesture, but to an oriental, don't go there.

Trump should have offered to meet Kim on home ground, nothing to loose
    Expert

Feb 25, 2019, 08:26 PM
    The dufus in NK? Naw, they make outsiders wait forever, he should have sent Pence, since the Sec of State told him no way! Oh but Pence went to south America, or someplace else far from the Nam photo shoot. Even the dufus wouldn't wait on Kim to get his hair and suit on. All this crapola for a photo shoot?
    Ultra Member

Feb 26, 2019, 08:49 AM
    no way !!! I'm glad Trump isn't going to Beijing to meet Xi . They don't deserve that respect .
    Ultra Member

Feb 26, 2019, 02:18 PM
    So Tom you are not suggesting the Chinese are equals on the world stage, but are not worthy of your respect
    Ultra Member

Feb 27, 2019, 06:03 AM
    The Chinese have plundered American intellectual property for years . I think the US should treat China like they are ,an aggressive rival . They don't play by rules so you can wish all you like for a level playing field ....but it will never happen .
    Ultra Member

Feb 27, 2019, 10:54 AM
    The Chinese have plundered American intellectual property for years . I think the US should treat China like they are ,an aggressive rival . They don't play by rules so you can wish all you like for a level playing field ....but it will never happen .
    Only because you allowed them to do it and you got back the cheap products. You want it both ways, always have, but they have become strong enough to play you at your own game. I never asked for a level playing field, that is your concept so you can plunder the world
    Ultra Member

Feb 27, 2019, 02:50 PM
    sometimes the big dogs gonna fight.
    Ultra Member

Feb 27, 2019, 04:32 PM
    Always
    Expert

Feb 27, 2019, 07:29 PM
    What's Russia doing in 'Nam advising the dufus? Aw, never mind, no telling what strange bedfellows we may find when the camera ain't rolling.
    Ultra Member

Feb 27, 2019, 07:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    What's Russia doing in 'Nam advising the dufus? Aw, never mind, no telling what strange bedfellows we may find when the camera ain't rolling.
    Show us the evidence otherwise all you have is smoke and mirrors
    Expert

Feb 27, 2019, 08:18 PM

Ultra Member

Feb 27, 2019, 09:38 PM
    More allegations, just smoke and mirrors
    Expert

Feb 28, 2019, 04:01 AM
    Doesn't matter, the party broke up early, and the dufus is headed home to feed his base more lies and BS.
    Ultra Member

Feb 28, 2019, 04:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Doesn't matter, the party broke up early, and the dufus is headed home to feed his base more lies and BS.
    Well that might be so but no deal is better than a bad deal. Sanctions are hurting Kim and he was desperate to remove them but only offered a small concession. Trump was playing for the end game and so no deal means more negotiations and maybe some movement on human rights

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

16 yr train [ 0 Answers ]

I have an outdoor gas train unit. My problem is when the unit is signal to heat, the burner exhaust fan runs for 5 seconds then turns off. The main blower will blow cold air for a few minutes then also cut off.

Train something? [ 2 Answers ]

I heard about a disturbing movie about people who do a lot of drugs, and in one scene they are on a bad trip for a whole week and find their baby dead in the toilet. The movie has the word train in it. Help! I want to see that movie.

How to train a dog? [ 10 Answers ]

My fiancé has a black lab and a pitbull, both rescued. I use to think that the pitbull didn't like me any longer due to my pregnancy but after giving her extra attention she came around. The pitbull is well trained and she is very lovable. The new problem I have is with the black lab. We are...

I got hit by a train [ 1 Answers ]

Hey guys I really need to find out anything about this song and all I know is a few lines which are: ' I got hit by a train but falling in love is not quite the same but some guy at sea crashed my car in a lake and it felt so good I want to do it again'. Please help! It's my fav song eva. ....

View more questions Search