Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wayn3r Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2019, 08:19 AM
    What is the maximum MERV filter rating for a Trane XR90?
    I want to use the best filters for dust and allergens, but don't want to exceed the capacity of the furnace fan. What is the highest filter rating for this furnace? I checked the manual but could find no mention of that.
    Thanks!
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Feb 24, 2019, 11:23 AM
    Read this.
    https://www.safehomefilters.com/inde...esistance.html
    There is no furnace rating. Keep an eye on the filter. If it clogs up too quickly, drop to a lower MERV.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can we use trane xr90 for heat and air at the same time [ 1 Answers ]

During summer the air conditioning system pump air in the above floor while the basement finish is down to 65, we closed all the vent in the basement but its still colder then upstairs floor. There is a way to run the xr90 to work on heat in the basement while the air condition is on in the top...

Pressure switch for trane xr90 [ 2 Answers ]

Where is the pressure switch on trane xr90? Blinks 3 times and is not blocked or inducer problem.

I have a 3yr old Trane XR90... I'm getting 4 blinking lights... [ 0 Answers ]

I need help... what do I do??

Trane xr90 [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Trane XR90 furnace that, since the day it was installed blows nothing but cool air. I have had the technician out several times and all I get is, "well these ultra efficient furnaces don't put out heat like the old ones did" In the mean time I am running this thing way more then my old one...

View more questions Search