Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Whittaar Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2019, 09:12 AM
    How can we add our son to our deed?
    I own a co-op and I would like to add him to the deed for the co-op. Do I need a lawyer or is there a form we can complete and submit to the courts.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Feb 23, 2019, 11:58 AM
    You should discuss this with the co-op board. First you will need approval to add and possibly a new deed as a codicil is typically not accepted for a deed. Rules of this nature are state based and they can all differ. I would not attempt to self add by just a form, it could easily be denied. An attorney could give you guidance.

Feb 23, 2019, 02:09 PM
    Thank you, we will contact the board to make sure.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 23, 2019, 04:12 PM
    Also, note that if you have a mortgage on the property, you will not be able to change it, without their permission, since they hold a lien on the deed.

Feb 24, 2019, 06:58 AM
    Thank you, we have no mortgage on the co-op. Will there be tax implications if my son is added to the deed?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I do a warranty deed or a quick claim deed if my father has passed away? [ 8 Answers ]

My father has passed away and he had no will whatsoever but he told me verbally that he wanted to put the house in my name. But he passed before we can do that. He is married but his wife is illegal and does not work. And we all want to put the house in my name because this house is the last thing...

Reversal of life estate deed using quit claim deed [ 2 Answers ]

Can a life estate deed be reversed if all remainders sign a quit claim deed in North Carolina?

Corrective Deed, New Quit Claim Deed, or See an Attorney? [ 4 Answers ]

I have a major problem with a quit claim deed that was done regarding my father's property. The intention was to put me in the deed but as an heir to the property, not as a co-owner or anything like that. So, a quit claim deed was filled out and recorded at the clerk of the circuit court. However,...

View more questions Search