Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    IseNoseee Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2019, 02:57 PM
    What should I do if I like someone who is 7 years or more older than me?
    I'm really socially awkward, I find it difficult to talk to people face to face, and more if I have a crush on a guy I "met??" a couple days ago. I'm a 16 y/o guy who likes guys. So... from what I suppose he is a guy between 20 to 25 y/o, at least he looks like one. I met him while I was omw to the institute, I was running late and he was going out with his dog. He was holding the entrance door for me, so I gave my thanks and he responded with a warm smile. I legit couldn't get him out of my head all day long and now I wish I had talked more with him that day. What should I do? Should I try to talk to him and see if I can ask him out? Or just leave it as friends? Oh and yeah he lives in the same building as me. The age of consent in Spain is 16 y/o "Individuals aged 15 or younger in Spain are not legally able to consent to sexual activity, and such activity may result in prosecution for statutory rape or equivalent local law. Spain statutory rape law is violated when an individual has a consensual sexual contact with a person under age 16."
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 21, 2019, 04:41 PM
    He held the door open. You said thanks. He smiled. That does not make him a friend. Don’t confuse kindness with friendship. He is nothing more to you than a guy that lives in your building. Heck, you don’t even know his sexual orientation. You are 16 and he is in his 20s. While it may be legal in Spain, that doesn’t make it right. You are in two totally different stages in life.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Feb 21, 2019, 05:23 PM
    Boy am I in trouble. I hold the door for people all the time, I always smile, I'm always kind. How many of those people think I want to have sex with them? How many teenagers are trying to work up the nerve to ask me out because I smiled and held the door open? I'm never leaving my house again.

On a serious note though, he smiled, he held the door open. That doesn't mean he wants to date you. He was being polite. If he's gay, which you have no way of knowing, he probably doesn't want to date a 16 year old child, unless he's a pedophile.

Stop fantasizing about someone that likely didn't give you a second thought after politely holding the door open for you. Crushes can be devastating if you let them turn into obsession. So move on, find someone that's as interested in you as you are in them, and someone that's closer to your own age.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Feb 22, 2019, 10:50 AM
    Gee, if I hold the door open for young women they might think the old geezer is hitting on them. I hold the doors for senior women all the time, and I'm 77. HMM, on second thought, maybe they could use me as a boy toy!
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 22, 2019, 12:52 PM
    Dude, gay or not, don't get carried away by a very simple courtesy. He is a stranger you know nothing about except YOU found him attractive. What if your neighbor isn't gay, or has a partner? Do nothing that would make you seem like a stupid young gay guy.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 22, 2019, 05:06 PM
    Gay, straight or confused, does not give anyone a right to be sexually open and not consider proper moral values.

Next at that type of age difference you would be considered a kid, so unless he has issues of "young" boys, he would have no interest.

Next as noted, holding a door. Let me see I held a door for 4 people today , perhaps 6 yesterday. I hope none of them male or female, think I was being sexualy aggressive.
    Oliver2011 Posts: 2,606, Reputation: 746
    Ultra Member

Feb 25, 2019, 06:44 AM
    How do you get from holding the door open to age of consent in a couple of sentences? Wow. Or maybe you are just trolling. I have almost 16 year olds living with me and they wouldn't make such a leap.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

10 years older [ 3 Answers ]

What are the thoughts about dating a guy 10 years older? I am 26... he is 36... about to me 37 actually. Never that much physical attraction, but I always thought the age was an issue, so I never pursued us. But he is the first guy that ever said he loved me. And he has been so good to me. I've...

11 years older [ 5 Answers ]

Hi there. I am writing because a Japanese man is 36 and I am 25. He came to the US to study music and I met him during my internship. We hit it off and hung out as friends a lot. He introduced me to sushi, and other sites in NYC. He is a kind and generous man. I took a trip to Japan to visit...

I am 13 year old and there is this guy I like 2 years older than me what should I do? [ 5 Answers ]

I'm a guy, like any other day just usual, well there is this guy, he was silent and sitting the next table over on the oppisite side of me,I went and sat next to him to say hi because I am very chatty with people, I like talking. So this kid in my class, super annoying by the way.. just came and...

I like a guy 2 years older than me. [ 20 Answers ]

Yesh, he's 12 and I'm 10. But many people say that's not a lot, or age doesn't matter, because I sure think it probably does. But I'm thinking about joining the boys and girls club soon, with my friends, so I won't have to be alone to talk to him. You see, I only see him on his scooter outside my...

View more questions Search