Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    joju11 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Mar 20, 2005, 08:35 AM
    Drilling holes in mirror
    Hi, I've never drilled a mirror before and I need a little help, I'm mounting two wall sconces over a bathroom vanity and need two small mounting screw holes and a small hole to accommodate the wiring for each sconce. A 4' by 5' mirror is on the wall it sits in a bottom channel and is held in place by two plastic moly clips so the mirror is removable.

Thanks
    joju11
    madbrit Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 4, 2005, 03:11 AM
    Take it to a glass shop, they use a diamond bit with the correct coolant. They will say we drill at your risk, but small holes are no problem.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Oct 4, 2005, 10:54 AM
    Hardware stores do sell bits to drill glass. A 4' x 5' mirror might not be a good project to learn on.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mirror tiles [ 6 Answers ]

Recently I bought some mirror wall tiles and when I asked how to cut them the Home Depot employee said the only thing I could use was a little red tool with a tiny metal wheel on the end. I've about ruined all of the one package of tiles trying to cut a straight line. I must not be strong enough to...

Guidelines for drilling a floor joist [ 29 Answers ]

We need to run some 12/2 Romex through the floor joists of a newly built home. Can we drill the floor joists wherever we see fit, or are there limits?

Drilling a hole in glass [ 3 Answers ]

How do I drill a hole in glass? Do I need a special bit or tool?

Oil Drilling? A few questions? [ 1 Answers ]

My class is doing our own debate about drilling oil in antartica and we need statistics and facts to help our debate. I am on the team that is againts drilling and I'm curious how drilling pil would affect animals. Can someone tell me?:)

View more questions Search