Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stormywaters Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2019, 01:08 PM
    Advice please , am I pre menapausal?
    well I'm 43 yrs old and my periods were very heavy for a long while but this past year they have been heavy irregular and light.now suddenly i haven't had a period for 3 months. no definetly not pregnant .am i too young for menopause? my mum was around my age too
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 20, 2019, 01:20 PM
    Many younger women may have this happen, Stress, work issue, weight and more can all be factors. A visit to your doctor (should be doing it every year anyway)
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 21, 2019, 01:02 PM
    The best way to find out for sure what's going on with you is by seeing your doctor.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Feb 21, 2019, 05:31 PM
    Definitely see your doctor.

I went through menopause at 40, so yes it can happen this young, and yes, it is young to be going through this. Sadly it does happen.

Your doctor can do a simple test to determine if you're in fact going through menopause. A word of warning though, that test isn't always accurate. I was told I'm definitely not in menopause. Well I'm 48 and haven't had a period since I was 40, and I tell my doctor that every visit, and he doesn't seem concerned, just points out that the test I had when I was 41 said I'm not in menopause, so... ya. If it's not menopause, what is it? I'm otherwise healthy, and have had tests to rule out anything else. So if the test comes back saying you're not in menopause, ask for more tests to determine what's going on.

Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I want to get your advice, to make sure I am giving the correct advice [ 4 Answers ]

A friend of mine emailed me her question, knowing that I have gone through the custody thing before myself. She asked me when she can file abandonment on her sons father. I want to run by you what I am emailing her back to make sure I give her the correct information. Thank you for your help :)

Advice please! [ 7 Answers ]

I was wondering if any of you can help me. Here is the situation. We have been trying to have a baby for over 2 yrs. I got a call the other day from a friend who knows someone that wants us to adopt their grandchild. The baby is currently in foster care and the parents rights have been terminated....

Help! I need your advice on my car. [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 2000 Plymouth Neon. It is burning way too much gas. I am wondering what is causing this problem. I only drive two miles to and from work. Two days ago I had a half a tank of gas, now its close to being empty. I haven't driven it anywhere else. What is wrong withmy car?

Post Menapausal wife can't orgasm [ 4 Answers ]

I use to get my wife to ogasm but since menapause, she just can't get it up. Is this medical or psychological?

Advice on Giving Advice [ 16 Answers ]

Hey all! I have a slight dilemna and I'd like it if you guys and gals can help me out. I have two friends who are in a relationship together, but things have become kind of rocky between them. The problem is that they are both my friends so they both confide in me and ask for advice. At present...

View more questions Search