Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jahsie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2019, 11:23 AM
    how to solve probability problems
    1. A house is infested with mice and to combat this, the householder acquired 4 cats, Albert, Belinda, Khalid and Poon. The householder observes that only half of the creatures caught are mice. A fifth are voles and the rest are birds. 20% of the catches are made by Albert, 45% by Belinda, 10% by Khalid and 25% by Poon.

a). The probability of a catch being a mouse, a bird or a vole is independent of whether it is made by Albert. What is the probability of a randomly selected catch
    i) Being a mouse caught by Albert [2]
    ii). Bird not caught by Albert [2]
    Yaodong Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 1, 2021, 05:44 AM
    To solve this probability problem, we need to do two steps:
    • Find the percent of one of three kinds of animals caught
    • Find the percent of the creatures that one of four cats catch

Now let's solve the problem :
    i) The percent of mouse caught is 50 and the percent of the creatures caught by Albert is 20. The multiplication between these two kind percent is the probablity of a randomly selected catch being a mouse caught by Albert
    ii) It's the same as above in steps, but only one difference is to compute the probability of a randomly selected catch being a bird caught by Albert, and then being subtracted by 1.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

how to solve the probability of something occurring given that it isn't [ 1 Answers ]

a wallet contains 8 $1 bills, 3 $5 bills and 8 $10 bills. A bill is selected at random from the wallet. Find themprobability of the following a. the bill is a $1, given that it is smaller than $10 b. The bill is $5 given that it is not a $1

How to solve this probability? [ 5 Answers ]

Okay - this isn't homework. I took statistics and let's just say although it wasn't pretty, I passed. My boss asked me to solve this probability question back when I was taking stats and I could never figure it out. He wants to know the probability for a bowling raffle he is in every year. ...

How to solve probability [ 1 Answers ]

Suppose you roll two number cubes and pick a letter of the alphabet at random. Find the probability you roll 2 even numbers and pick one pf the vowels a,e,I,o or u. Can anyone help me solve this problem please...

Probability can you tell me how to solve this [ 4 Answers ]

A sample of 4 different calculators is randomly selected from a group containing 15 that are defective and 30 that have no defects. What is the probability that at least one of the calculators is defective?:confused:

Solve the probability [ 1 Answers ]

Hello could any one help me in this?? / the following table shows the distribution of blood types in the general population A B AB O TOTAL Rh+ 34% 9% 4% 38% 85% Rh- 6% 2% 1% 6% 15%

View more questions Search