Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hwinceFL Posts: 45, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2019, 08:55 AM
    Coding a form in Access 2007 Redux
    I am using Access 2007 under MS Win 10 x64 to manage an inventory. I have an Issue form (frmVolAssetIssuingForm), which works fine and creates a record in tblAssetsLoaned with the following fields: LoanID, AssetID, BorrowerID, UserIDOut, LoanDate, DueDate, UserIDIn, ReturnedDate, PrimaryLoc, SecondaryLoc and TertiaryLoc. The issuing transaction fills in all the fields, except UserIDIn and ReturnedDate, which await the asset’s return.
    My problem is with the "Return Asset" transaction. When the Borrower returns the asset, the return form (frmVolLoanedAssetsBack), which has the Record Source "SELECT tblAssetsLoaned.*, tblAssets.OnHand FROM tblAssets INNER JOIN tblAssetsLoaned ON (tblAssets.AssetsID= (tblAssetsLoaned).AssetID) AND (tblAssets.PrimaryLoc=(tblAssetsLoaned.PrimaryLoc) AND (tblAssets.SecondaryLoc=(tblAssetsLoaned).Secondar yLoc) AND (tblAssets.TertiaryLoc=(tblAssets Loaned).TertiaryLoc); is opened.
    This form has the field: LoanID (Unbound) plus a repeat of the fields from the issuing form. The Unbound LoanID is named Combo23, which has the Row Source "SELECT (tblAssetsLoaned.LoanID, tblAssetsLoaned.* FROM tblAssetsLoaned;" The form also has an "After Update" [Embedded Macro] as "SearchForRecord" with Arguments: (, First, = "(LoanID) = " & Str(Nz([Screen].[Active Control],0). Finally, the form has the "On Change [Event Procedure], which is
    Private Sub Combo23_Change()
    ‘ Set value of receiving User to current UserID logged on
    [UserIDIn] = lngUser
    ‘ Set value of ReturnedDate to today’s date
    [ReturnedDate] = Date
    ‘ Restore OnHand status to "Yes"
    ‘ [tblAssets.OnHand] = "X"
    End Sub
    Now when I key in (or select from a pull-down menu) the LoanID associated with this transaction, I am expecting the remainder of the fields to be populated; however, this does not happen I would appreciate any help with resolving what step(s) I am missing here. Thanks.

Check out some similar questions!

Coding a form in Access 2007 [ 0 Answers ]

I have keyed in my question four times, but just before I can "submit," I get kicked off and loose everything. I don't know if the problem is Internet Explorer or Ask Me. Help.

Using Acrobat in Access 2007 [ 4 Answers ]

I am using Access 2007 under Windows 10. I have created a table which I would like to print out. How can I set the specifications for Acrobat, such as landscape vs. portrait output, top/bottom/side borders, etc. Thanks for your guidance.

Problem using a Pivot Table Form as a Sub-Form -- Access 2003 [ 3 Answers ]

I made a Pivot Table Form using the Pivot Table Wizard in Access 2003. It works great when opened.as a form. But when used as a sub-form, only the data columns appear. The Row Heading column is missing. The sub-form is not linked to a child field on the main form. Has anyone seen this...

Visual basic coding in access 2007 [ 6 Answers ]

HI! I am a student and I am preparing my BECHALOR thesis. I am constructing and manipulating a library database. My problem is this: I've a table named tblUsers that have this fields: UserName—–Text Password——Text Access——–Number(1 for student and o for admin)...

How to set hijri & gregorian date on form access 2007 [ 1 Answers ]

Kindly help me in two areas, 1- I have design a database of "Receiving and Sending document" I want to input both date "Hijri & Gregorian" when I set date format from control panel it show only one format I need both, how I set it? 2- I want to show report with date filter that user selects...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.