Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jennsexton1625 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2019, 04:52 AM
    Probable cause?
    Hello My name is Jenn.

About 6months ago my mom had a court date at our local town court house. She heard the judge call out my name. She spoke in my behalf stating that she lives with me and that she knows personally that I had no knowledge of this court date and asked for time to call and tell me so I could get to court. The judge agreed. But I wasn't able to come and a warrant was issued.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 20, 2019, 06:17 AM
    What is your question for us? You had a court date, you didn’t show so now you have a warrant for failure to appear. That’s pretty much how it works.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 20, 2019, 08:48 AM
    This is not a probable cause issue, since you are not being changed with a "crime" but with failure to appear.

Probable cause is the reason (or one of them) that police may perform an arrest, do a search, request an arrest warrant and so on.

This is a bench warrant for failure to appear and it is done because of your inaction of not being at court.

Your best bet, hire an attorney, to arrange your bail, and have to turn yourself in, and then be bailed out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Probable Endometrioma [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Guys please help. I had a transvaginal ultrasound yesterday and the sonographer told me that there's a "probable endometrioma" on the left side of my ovary measuring 13x14x17 mm. First question how big is that? Second am I going to have trouble conceiving? Lastly, I did an ultrasound last month...

Probable cause... [ 2 Answers ]

My boyfriend is being held on a probable cause warrant... He has not been charged and the warrant hasn't been issued. How long can they hold him?

Probable? [ 4 Answers ]

Strong possibility of endometriosis Started period early Light period Possible pregnant?

Is it probable I am pregnant with these symptoms ? [ 2 Answers ]

For the past week or so I have been experincing mild pains in my lower tummy - Right belowe belly button. It is by no means a horrid pain, But it is noticeable ! At night I just can't seem to get comfortable due to my stomach aches. My boobs are rather tender & seem to have grown a little bit....

Probable cause in a traffic stop [ 3 Answers ]

My girlfriend was issued a citation for driving while under suspension. A few months later, she was pulled over again just because the same officer recognized the vehicle. Anyone could have been driving that car, including me. Does that officer have the right to pull the vehicle over? Is that...

View more questions Search