Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Abreeyonia Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 18, 2019, 09:27 PM
    My 7th grade daughter
    Hey my daughter is very smart. She has tooken several test but she missed it by 1 question which was a high school question. They gave her a total of 2 seconds per question. I really need to help her skip this grade. She loves a challenge and school. She really thinks 7th grade is way to simple. What am I suppost to do.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 19, 2019, 02:00 AM
    Tooken? 2 seconds per question?

Are you the mother or daughter? Skipping grades is not as easy as people think. It’s not just about the schoolwork, but also about the socialization. Does the school have advanced classes she can participate in?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Feb 19, 2019, 04:25 PM
    You can't "help" her. She needs to show that she can do the advanced work. Never saw any test with only 2 seconds to answer.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 19, 2019, 06:22 PM
    As a parent of a child who did skip a grade, In fact he skipped 2 grades.

There is so much more to life, than grades, there is activities, sports, dance, clubs and more, that need to be looked at.

And if you want to advance her education find her after school lessons, in language, math, computers and more.

But when they start skipping grades they are not behind the other kids both socially and emotionally. They will have to start dealing with things they may not be prepared to handle.
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Feb 19, 2019, 06:28 PM
    My suggestion is to speak to her counselor. You can review the testing and see what the criteria is for a child to promote to the next grade. I don’t recommend it. It’s better for a child to complete the classes at their grade level. Teachers should have curriculum to differentiate instruction, whether a child needs more support, or is advanced. Also, meet with her teachers and ask if they feel she should try some advanced work while remaining in the same grade level, and with the same teachers. This way, if the work becomes too difficult, she won’t need to switch classes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lens for grade 3 and grade 4 in diabetic person wch lens best [ 2 Answers ]

I hv diabeticssince 2 yrs I hv grade 3 cataract in left eye and grade 4 in right eye I want to which type of lens are best for me wch company and were I cn get it done near andgeri I'm 58 yrs of age

My Teenage Daughter Failed 11th grade, What should I do? [ 6 Answers ]

Teenage Daughter Failed 11th grade I need advice Hello Everyone! This is my first time on this message board. I have a daughter who is 16. She is my only child. For a long time I was a single parent until she was 13. We now have a blended family, but only one of his daughters lives with us,...

Can I skip my child to 6 grade to be in her right grade [ 2 Answers ]

My child work very hard she and the fourth grade need to be and fifth she feeling sad that next year she want be and six grade I do to. Can she go to summer school and skip a grade

I'm 15 and I'm going to 8th grade , I don't want to do 8th grade I want to skip to 9th [ 11 Answers ]

I stayed back in 4th grade and 5th grade , now I'm becoming a 8th grader , I'm really ready for high school even though my grades are a little low , can you help me shoud I move to a other country so they could skip me?

What test should my daughter take in DC to get in her correct grade? [ 1 Answers ]

My Child Is In The 8th Grade For The Third Time And I Want To Know What Test Should I Get Her To Take So She Will Be Put In The Correct Grade.

View more questions Search