Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AmyLRussell Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 18, 2019, 02:46 PM
    Georgia law regarding security deed
    What is the Georgia law if a security deed is not signed by an unofficial witness when house is purchased. My home was purchased in 2007 and I received a letter from a law firm to sign a Corrective Security Deed. I'm trying to determine if I don't sign will I have any legal issues with the lien holder I'm purchasing home from?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Feb 18, 2019, 03:59 PM
    The correction deed, also called deed of correction or deed of confirmation, must state that its sole purpose is to correct a specific error, which is usually identified by type. For example: an error in the grantor's name, or an error in the grantor's marital status. I would contact the attorney to clarify the issue.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 18, 2019, 07:25 PM
    The correction is to correct a problem with the deed. You will want to do that, since the buyer, would have the right to seek further legal actual to make you correct it, or to be liable for his loss of value if you do not.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Security deed in Georgia [ 8 Answers ]

Hello all. I have a question, and I hoping to get some good solid advice on this. My wife and I are separated, and moving towards divorce. Her name is not on the mortgage at all. However in serarching through all the paper work, we found that she had signed the security deed as a borrower....

Georgia quit claim deed [ 1 Answers ]

In Georgia can I quitclaim 10% of my property to my daughter

When is quitclaim deed invalid Georgia [ 1 Answers ]

Can a quit claim deed in Georgia be considered invalid under grounds other than being signed under duress, threats, fraud, etc? I.e. if a lawyer prepared several quitclaim deeds to be signed and it contained 5 extra acres of land than what was intended to be transferred, can a lawyers error be...

Deed Recorded in Another County in Georgia [ 11 Answers ]

Because of poor credit, I signed a quitclaim so that refinancing can be done in my wife's name (I am no longer on mortgage or deed). We want to add my name back to the deed by quitclaim to joint tenancy. My wife is concerned that my name on the deed - not on the mortgage - may drag her credit...

View more questions Search