Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    blackwhite123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 18, 2019, 07:06 AM
    Can you offer a percentage of the debt would they accept this
    If you have outstanding debt from building society handed keys back 10 years ago have not heard from them till today had letter for balance what if I offered them a percentage as I have not got much money
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 18, 2019, 10:16 AM
    You can offer but it's up to them to accept or not.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Feb 18, 2019, 04:01 PM
    Worth a try but you do owe the money.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 18, 2019, 07:23 PM
    The issue of "turning over the keys" is you could owe almost as much after it is all done. There is all the late fees, cost of sale, perhaps advertising or auction.

So they can go to court and get a judgement for the amount,

So while they may accept an offer it would have to be enough to be considered in good faith.

If they say you owe 50,000 and you offer 1000, it is doubtful they will take it seriously

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Which university I should accept its offer [ 4 Answers ]

I am an international student, and I have been admitted from five universities, but I have finalized them to only two universities. The first one is King’s College London, MA in International Management, while the second choice is George Mason University, MA in English, Linguistics. However, since...

Can I accept the original bid once I have sent a counter offer on Ebay? [ 0 Answers ]

I received a fair offer of £43 on my item that I want to accept for, and I sent a counter-offer for £45.50 for some reason... anyway, can I accept the original offer of £43 or do I have to wait for a counter-offer from the buyer? Because I am now worried he is buying somewhere else as this is...

Should I accept job offer? [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I was offered a job today. I was offered the job after the interview. However, I was their second choice (they did not attempt to hide this), the lady before me was there less than a month, two other ladies working there one is the owners wife, the other's husband works there, one day work...

Should I accept the first offer of my settlement? [ 2 Answers ]

I was in an auto accident as a passenger in a vehicle. I ended up having a collapsed lung, then while in the hospital it collapsed again when they pulled the air machine off the first time to see if the lung would stay up, it didn't. I was in the hospital for 13 days missed a month of work. The...

Should I move on, or should I accept offer [ 8 Answers ]

Hello everyone, I am in a pickle, I have been dating this very successful man for about three years. As a returning college student, he has been a very active part of my school life. We have multiple fights which he has ended or relationship and some how we have made it back together again. ...

View more questions Search